TLS Issue

Azhar Ali

Hi,

It might not be totally relevant but any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Some of our users could not connect to wss in order to start streaming. I asked them if they can broadcast from our demo site then chrome shows the message that connection to the site is not secure and blocks it.

It works on some machines and it does not others.
SSL was generated using lets encrypt and I feel it might be down to TLS settings but no idea where to look and what to do.
Any help you can provide in that please?

Ii can provide connection details if you can have a look on server. I have been trying to fix this for 2 days.

thanks in advance.

Azhar Ali

Its happens on all browsers but for small number of users. I can reproduce it on their machine using a teamviewer session.
We can't reproduce on own machines.
I have sent you the ssh access. Do you think it might be to with TLSv1 being depreciated?

Every other site on problem machine just works fine.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Goog day.
Please provide Teamviewer access to the computer with this problem (if possible), it is difficult to determine when a problem happen by WCS logs.

Azhar Ali

thank you for looking into this for us. I will try and get the user to give us a TV access. As you can imagine, its just a normal user on our website which might make it harder to get. I will update you.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Please check SSL certificate state that client browser shows: is it valid? Your user can check it in Chrome developer tools (Ctrl+Shift+I), tab Security
security.png