Ubuntu 22.04 CPU highe load issue

yeprem

We use the ubuntu 22.04 version and during one-day minimum 2 time CPU load will be more than 80% and streams go down
and it's recovered when we do service webcallserver restart

Please check this Error log, can be the issue related to ubuntu 22.04?

Attachments

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello

Please provide SSH access to the server. Then we will be able to check logs.
Private form

You can also gather and provide report using report.sh script via the same form.

yeprem

Can you check my attached screenshot.
What do you think can be the reason CPU go to 100% every day 2 times

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Please let me know which logs you need and i can send you that logs
The report.sh script will gather most of required logs and reports

Please upload tar.gz archive to a cloud storage and share download link via the Private form

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Can you check my attached screenshot.
What do you think can be the reason CPU go to 100% every day 2 times
The screenshot is not informative. Need more information that can be provided by the report.sh script or over SSH.

yeprem

Dear Administrator,
I send treport.tar.gz to your Skype chanael.
Can you check it and let me know about results

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Please do not use Skype, direct email etc.
You should send the report archive or SSH access using this form only (or click the Report button at the top of this page)
1660697742218.png

Also please make sure you're using the latest WCS build 5.2.1346.

yeprem

Via report allows send maximum 30MB but report archive is 50MB.
Can you provide an email where I could send that zip file?

yeprem

Please provide shh public we will add your key to our server.
But please NEVER do restart the server because streams are online right now,

yeprem

I sent the report zip file please check and let me know if you have received it.
If you need to connect to the server please send your ssh public key, which we need to add to the server for your connection

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We checked the report.
It seems like you have published more streams than theserver can handle, or more subscribers. Please read this article about server configuration and testing under high load: What kind of server do you need to run a thousand WebRTC streams?
Also, seems like you're using the default Java heap size (1024M). This may be not enough for production use. If the server have 32 G RAM, please set Java heap size to 16 G in wcs-core.properties file
Code:
-Xmx16g
-Xms16g
Unfortunately you have not included any server configuration or WCS configuration data to the report. Please collect the report again:
Code:
cd /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/tools
sudo ./report.sh --sysinfo --conf --tar
If you need to connect to the server please send your ssh public key, which we need to add to the server for your connection
As we mentioned in this post, you can get the public key on this page: Providing support engineer access to your server
1660725324437.png

yeprem

I sent our ssh you can find it in the comments section.
Please check and let me know if you have received it.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Seems you've set Java heap to 16 Gb. Now there are 7 published stream on server and ~350 viewers. This load seems to be acceptable, but you have a lot of subscribers playing VP8 codec. This means sream transcoding H264->VP8. Also, there is audio transcoding AAC->Opus. So now you have ~20% CPU load.
But, if you'll publish just a twice more streams (16), the CPU load may grow due to transcoding.
So we recommend to play only H264 if it is possible, in this case there will be only audio transcoding and CPU load will decrease. But if you have a mobile clients with devices supporting VP8 only, we recommend to use a hardware server (not virtual) with at least 32 CPU and 96 Gb RAM. Again, pleas read the article What kind of server do you need to run a thousand WebRTC streams? for possible tweaks.

yeprem

so may the issue be resolved if I remove vp8 and opus from the codecs list? we're not planning to increase the number of publishers only viewers number may grow during day. Also please look at the attached file, I noticed that during this issue disk latency also increases

Attachments

Max

Administrator
Staff member
You should better exclude vp8 codec then removing it.
Code:
codecs_exclude_streaming = vp8
Please note. If vp8 codec is excluded, some devices will not be able to play the stream and you will have error playback reports.
Generally some Android Devices (Android Apps and some Android Browsers) do not support H.264 video codec.