Unhandled promise rejection iPhone, iOS 12.2

Joren De Maeyer

Hi,

I have created a React karaoke app webapp that uses the Flashphoner stream and recording service.

When the page is loaded the Flashphoner is initialized and a session and stream are starting.
When you click on a call to action, the Flashphoner rest-api is called to start the recording.

Everything is working fine on most of the mobile & desktop browsers.

A few days ago we bumped into an issue on an iPhone running iOS 12.2.

When the session and the stream are initialized, right after giving the camera & recording permission.

I debugged my iPhone and received the following console error:
Unhandled Promise Rejection: TypeError: videoTransceiver.setDirection is not a function. (In 'videoTransceiver.setDirection("sendonly")', 'videoTransceiver.setDirection' is undefined)

server version: v.0.5.28.2753-5.2.50-33b00cfec3679ecfa1f4c8b98f5d902ec8acda6f

I still receive the camera stream but it's very laggy on a high speed WiFi connection.
Screenshot 2019-04-02 at 11.50.05.png IMG_1921 2.png IMG_1922.png
This problem is only occurring after I updated my iPhone from iOS 11.x.x to iOS 12.2

Thanks,

Joren

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Please check if the problem persists on latest WCS build from this page and Web SDK build from here. If the problem persists, try to reproduce it on example web application such as Two Way Streaming. Also check if the problem reproduced on our demo server https://demo.flashphoner.com:8888/c...ming/two_way_streaming/two_way_streaming.html
If the problem is not reproduced on example web applications, please provide us to email support@flashphoner.com the minimum example code changes that reproduces it. We will check.

Vince

The issues remains, also on your demo server.
If you open the application on 2 devices: Mobile vs Desktop.

Try 1: Stream from PC; Player on Mobile = Works
Try 2: Stream from Ios 12.2 ; cannot press publish -> Desktop: Actual session does not exist = Does Not work

Could someone plz prioritize this apple is pushing the IOS Update to all devices ... !

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We work on it (internal ticket WCS-1894) and let you know when find a fix.

Vince

Hi Max,

Thanks for your reply, i hope we can find a solution quickly ;)
Because now we don't have a fallback for IOS , chrome doesn't work on Ios and now safari as well ..

Thx in advance
Kind Regards
Vince

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
We work on it and let you know results. Please be patient.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
On demo server we have not updated WCS and WebSDK yet.
The problem concerns WebSDK only, so you should download WebSDK build separately 0.5.28.2753.79

Thanks for the quick reply Max
It works, we have a monthly subscription and this morning it did not renew, this happened at the same time as we where testing :)

Been testing some more now, rotation seems to be broken for IOS 12.2 , when publishing in portrait mode and turning to landscape mode the stream freeze, only way to get it started again is to disconnect on the phone and republish, it happens both ways, landscape to portrait and vice versa , this works on IOS 12.1

Tested using the example streamer.html

Vince

Indeed, same here problem not resolved
Unhandled Promise Rejection: TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 't.stream.id') - runtime.js:554

Max

Administrator
Staff member
rotation seems to be broken for IOS 12.2
It seems like a well known iOS Safari issue. Please enable transcoding on server side with option
Code:
disable_streaming_proxy=true
or on client side with explicit playback resolution settings
Code:
session.createStream({constraints:{audio:true,video:{width:320,height:240}}}).play()