Video Looking Streched

Sanchit

Dear Team,

My application's requirement is to show remote video view in full screen and local video view in small at top left. My Remote video is looking stretched in iPhone X and iPhone 7 Plus. I have already tried following.
1. videoRemoteView.contentMode = .scaleAspectFit
2. Tried changing video remote view size in didchangevideosize method as per the size received.
3. videoRemoteView.sizeToFit()

Please suggest if you have any idea regarding this.

Regards
Sanchit

Sanchit

Dear Team,

I am waiting for your response. Is there any update available for me? Please suggest.

Thank you
Best Regards
Sanchit

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello
We have created internal ticket WCS-1542
We will let you know once we have any progress on this issue

Sanchit

Dear Team,

I am still waiting for your response on this. Do you have any update for me regarding this. I need to deliver my final project to my client and it is stuck only on this issue. We need to make this app live ASAP. Kindly suggest so that we can proceed ahead in the project.

Looking forward for your quick response.
Thank you
Best Regards
Sanchit

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello

Ticket WCS-1542 is in our internal queue. It will be processed according to our internal priorities.
Unfortunately we can't raise priority exclusively for your ticket. If you interested in a kind of priority, please mail to sales@flashphoner.com with extended / enterprise support quote request.

Sanchit

Hi Team,

I can understand this. But could you please guide me any suggestion which I can implement in this case for time being? My clients are shouting on me so I need to provide some solution. I need to show video of video call in full screen mode and it should not stretch or squeeze.

Your help will be appreciable.
Thank you
Regards Sanchit

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello.
We found that video looks stretched when stream published aspect ratio do not match played one. For example, if you publish a video with resolution 320x240 (aspect ratio 4:3) and then play it on iPhone 7 with 1334x750 (16:9), the video will look stretched in fullscreen mode.
So we recommend you to publish video with aspect ratio 16:9 for playing it on 16:9 smartphone.

Sanchit

Dear Team,
Thank you for the response.

Kindly suggest how can we change the video resolution which we are publishing? Also how can we set a generic size so that it should look good in all phones in fullscreen mode? We checked this in Whatsapp and Skype Video Calls, it looks fine in all phones with full screen mode.
Please suggest.

Regards
Sanchit

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Kindly suggest how can we change the video resolution which we are publishing?
You can change stream resolution using WebSDK as described here. If you publishing a stream using iOS SDK, see Media Devices example application description here, and Android application is described here.
As for generic size, most of the modern smartphones have aspect ratio 16:9.