Video transmission stops midway

hyuk

Hi,
I've been thinking about it on my own and can't seem to come up with an answer, so I'm asking.

After L4 switch, there are two TURN servers (routed through a load balancer), and these TURN servers (A, B) communicate with Flashphoner media servers in different networks. The issue is that the streaming video disconnects after approximately 40 seconds for some reason. TURN server A communicates smoothly with the media server without disconnection. However, packets routed through TURN server B stop after about 40 seconds. To identify the root cause of the problem, I captured packets from the server where TURN server B is located. Upon inspection, I found that the STUN data from the client stops after No. 10105. The server configurations for TURN servers A and B are identical, and the settings for both TURN servers are the same. Could this issue be due to the Flashphoner media server not receiving packets from the TURN server, or is it a problem with the TURN server not receiving packets in the first place? Can we determine this from the captured packet? I will attach the packet for reference.

Packet capture is attached through the report. (TCP 3478 capture )
If it is difficult to give a detailed answer about the turn server, please give me some advice based on your long experience. );

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Unfortunately, you've not provided any additional information to the dump:
1. TURN server address, WCS server address, client address
2. Was it publishing or playing client?
We see in dump a periodic Previous segment not captured messages with TCP retransmission. It seems like a packet loss between TURN server and other side port (45002)
1713418383621.png

Finally, TURN server breaks the connection (reset)
1713418583721.png

You should check a channel quality between TURN server B and other party.

hyuk

TURN server address - 192.168.1.12
WCS server address - Since it is a tcp port 3478 dump, there is no relevant information.
client address - 223.38
2. client is publishing.
3. "Finally, TURN server breaks the connection (reset) " - Data was not coming properly even before that time. I think it's around line 10105. There is no more Send Indication information.

Is there a possibility that it is a problem between the wcs server and the turn server?

If packet loss is the problem, is there anything you suspect? I would like to ask my network representative to check the settings.
(I think that the fact that the A turn server is operating normally means that there may be differences in the network settings between the L4 switch and the B turn server.)

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a possibility that it is a problem between the wcs server and the turn server?
No. This is definitely a problem between publishing client and TURN server.
If packet loss is the problem, is there anything you suspect? I would like to ask my network representative to check the settings.
(I think that the fact that the A turn server is operating normally means that there may be differences in the network settings between the L4 switch and the B turn server.)
Yes, the bottleneck may be in network settings.

hyuk

Thank you as always for your quick replies.
I would like to ask again to confirm.
Are you saying that there is no possibility of the above problem occurring because the Turn server does not properly transmit data to the WCS server or does not receive a response?

Attachments

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Are you saying that there is no possibility of the above problem occurring because the Turn server does not properly transmit data to the WCS server or does not receive a response?
Yes. According to the dump and explanation provided, a problem is between TURN server and publishing client, not between WCS and TURN сервер.

hyuk

I have now confirmed that “Previous segment not captured” appears periodically. There was almost no video interruption for 40 seconds at the receiving location. However, it appears that the above error was occurring periodically even before 40 seconds had passed. Rather than stopping due to the above error, I find it strange that the Send Indication.
The video stopped when the “Send Indication” packet stopped coming.
It seems that the turn server was stopped after that.

What do you think about this issue?

1713428454887.png

1713428800536.png

(10105 line)