WebRTC over TURN freezing issues

Yossi

Hi I'm using WCS 5.2.945 with internal TURN server.
I publish rtmp video and play it on web-rtc over TURN.

The issue: From time to time the video on the web-rtc player stuck, sometimes for 2 seconds and sometimes for more than 5 seconds (at the same time the video played fine on the rtmp player)

More details:
I tested the video with the flashphoner UI - firewall streaming tab and with "force relay".
I also played the video with rtmp player (ffplay) at the same time.

The output of ffprobe on the rtmp stream from wcs server is:
Code:
Input #0, flv:
  Duration: N/A, start: 0.001000, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0:0: Audio: aac (LC), 44100 Hz, mono, fltp
    Stream #0:1: Video: h264 (Constrained Baseline), yuv420p(progressive), 720x1280, 6 fps, 6 tbr, 1k tbn, 12 tbc

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
I tested the video with the flashphoner UI - firewall streaming tab and with "force relay".
I also played the video with rtmp player (ffplay) at the same time.
Please collect a report as described here and send using this form. Please also let us know the stream name in form comments.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We checked your report and found no problems on server side.
We also tried to reproduce the issue on latest build 5.2.1010: publish RTMP stream with ffmpeg, play in Firewall Traversal Streaming example with Force relay enabled. All the playback freezes occured due to packet loss.
Please check chrome://webrtc-internals/ during playback, and pay attention to Packets lost and Nack count graphs
1628668534367.png

1628668562463.png

If this values grows, it means your channel is not clean enough to play 720p stream via WebRTC