When I record from andriod its got a lot of background noise. I'm in quite place (ANDROID)

Ney

Hi,
when we view the Broadcast
The videos I record or stream from android are very noisy. I’m in a quiet Place without any noise. When I record from android its got a lot of background noise.
i am using SDK version 1.0.1.35
videos are being created on .webm format.
Please suggest

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Applying media constraints can be tried.
Example Phone-min: https://github.com/flashphoner/wcs-...sexample/phone_min/PhoneMinActivity.java#L509

E.g., for streaming:
Code:
StreamOptions streamOptions = new StreamOptions(streamName);
AudioConstraints audioConstraints = streamOptions.getConstraints().getAudioConstraints();
MediaConstraints mediaConstraints = audioConstraints.getMediaConstraints();
mediaConstraints.optional.add(new MediaConstraints.KeyValuePair("googNoiseSupression", Boolean.toString(true)));

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

There was no such issue with Stream Recording example when it was tried on some devices with Android 5 and 6.
It can be device specific, or a microphone issue. Did you try only the constraint from the above code, or other combinations of constraints (see Phone-min example) as well?

Ney

Hi,
i checked many device( like Nokia 6, Moto E, Moto G4, Asus, Moto 3) but still facing in all device so that is not device issue

StreamOptions streamOptions = new StreamOptions(streamName);
AudioConstraints audioConstraints = streamOptions.getConstraints().getAudioConstraints();
MediaConstraints mediaConstraints = audioConstraints.getMediaConstraints();
mediaConstraints.optional.add(new MediaConstraints.KeyValuePair("googNoiseSupression", Boolean.toString(true)));
i tried above code in my Code but still facing.
please help

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Nokia 6, Moto E, Moto G4, Asus, Moto 3
They have Android 7? Did any of the devices have Android 5 or 6?

Did you try other constraints?
- googEchoCancellation
- googAutoGainControl
- googHighpassFilter
- googEchoCancellation2
- googAutoGainControl2
- googNoiseSuppression2

Ney

I am testing Android 6 and 7
i checked the all above constraints but still facing issue

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Did setting the constraints to false or true have any effect?
When streaming, the stream is not as well played on the device?
Please compare to Android SDK and Web SDK demo examples and AppRTC demo - is there the same issue?

Use Opus codec and try setting minimum bitrate in the constraints (as in Media Devices example).
Try adding Opus formats to server config flashphoner.properties and e.g. use constant bitrate
Code:
opus_formats=cbr=1