Error during WebSocket handshake

suneel

I am facing an issue while connecting to flashphoner websocket, and the issue is described below:

WebSocket connection to 'wss://demo.flashphoner.com:8443/' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 403

Please help me with this problem as my webrtc video calling is not working due to it.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello!

Our demo server demo.flashphoner.com is not intended for use in user projects. You can connect to it via WebSocket only from the built-in web interface.

For use in your project, you need to deploy your own WCS instance.

suneel

Hello,
I have setup flashphoner and deploy WCS on my VPS server. I have uploaded the package from github. Everything is working fine except we are getting a voice alert durig video call. Please help me out.
Thanks in advance

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Does the server have a trial license? (Here about license types.)
There is audio watermark if a trial license is used.

suneel

Yes I am using trial license. Please assist me how can I remove it. Do I need to purchase plan. Please let me know the best plan as I'm using for my personal use not commercial.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Please let me know the best plan as I'm using for my personal use not commercial.
There is no special price for non commercial use. Please read this page about all available subscription options.
Usually, we recommend monthly subscription for long term use (months and years) and hourly subscription for short term use (housr and days). The hourly subscription is available for AWS EC2 Marketplace instance only.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Please note that if you're receiving error 403 when connecting to wss://demo.flashphoner.com like in this post, this is normal behaviour. You can connect to our demo server usin its built-in web interface only.
If you're experiencing this problem using your own WCS instance, please check if Websocket port 8443 is opened on server and is avalable from client.