Facebook republishing successful api call but does not show up on facebook live producer

Max

Administrator
Staff member

JayD

Hi,

I don't see the video on Facebook which is the part where I'm currently stuck at. The transponder should have been created since the api call was a success but for some reason the transponder cant be found when /rest-api/push/find (with the same params) is used. I am currently testing the republishing part with demo server so is there perhaps a demo server where thereis no rtmp_ (prefix). I plan to use the demo server to test out all the required functions before moving on to deploying my WCS on an EC2 instance

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I am currently testing the republishing part with demo server so is there perhaps a demo server where thereis no rtmp_ (prefix)
The demo server is intended to be configured as "out of the box". If we disable rtmp_ prefix, it will break republishing to localhost example.
You can deploy your own AWS EC2 instance for testing on hourly basis. In this case, you don't need to buy a separate WCS license, you will pay to Amazon only for a couple of testing hours.
Another option is to use Digital Ocean instance, it includes a trial WCS license, you will pay for instance only.

JayD

HI,
I've tried deploying a EC2 function and the 2 way streaming works. Everything is working fine except for the republishing part.
For some reason the response is okay, but the response stream name copies the stream Url instead of the given stream name + the returned width and height is 0. When I tested the WebRTC to RTMP demo I get the issue player.setURLtoFlash is not a function. I have attached the properties config file below. Any Idea how I could fix this
1604060713615.png

Max

Administrator
Staff member
When I tested the WebRTC to RTMP demo I get the issue player.setURLtoFlash is not a function
In WebRTC as RTMP demo example, Flash Player is used to play republished stream from target RTMP server in browser. So yuo should install Adobe Flash Player for your browser (if not) and allow the page to use it:
1604297704247.png

For some reason the response is okay, but the response stream name copies the stream Url instead of the given stream name
Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce the issue with latest WCS build from this page. Please provide us SSH access to your server using this private form, we will check.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
You are using the setting
Code:
rtmp_transponder_full_url=true
This means republished RTMP stream will be named exactly as set in RTMP URL.
In this case, you should set full Facebook stream name (including URL and key) to rtmpUrl query parameter, for example
Code:
POST /rest-api/push/startup HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.1.101:8081
Content-Type: application/json

{
    "streamName": "published_stream_name",
    "rtmpUrl":"rtmps://live-api-s.facebook.com:443/rtmp/facebook_stream_key"
}
where published_stream_name is WebRTC stream name as published and facebook_stream_key is a Facebook streaming key.

JayD

HI,
Thank you so much for the clarification, it helped with removing the streamName issue. However, the previous issue of stream not showing up on facebook live producer page still persists. I have tried possible combination (with the needed adjustment) :
1. rtmp transponder full url true
a. Stream key as stream name and stream key included in rtmp url
b. UUID as stream name and stream key included in rtmp url
2. rtmp transponder full url false
a. Stream key as stream name without stream key included in rtmp url
b. UUID as stream name without stream key included in rtmp url

They all return 200 when creating transponder , but the width height returned is always 0, and when i run rest-api/startup/find for the transponder it returns transponder not found. Am i missing anything in the configuration file

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We checked you server again
Seems like wrong symbols were in flashphoner.properties before rtmp_transponder_full_url=true string. We removed them, restarted WCS, then republishing to Facebook seems to be working:
1. Publishing a test stream
1604464392922.png

2. Starting RTMP republishing
1604464444254.png

3. Preview in the bottom right corner of Facebook live producer page
1604464512750.png

but the width height returned is always 0
This is normal behaviour unless you explicitly set width and height in /push/statup query parameters
You can also update WCS to build 5.2.785 in which default RTMP publisher settings are changed for more streaming services compatibility.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Since build 5.2.860 it is possible to take stream name from full RTMP URL while republishing stream as RTMP using REST API even with default WCS settings
Code:
POST /rest-api/push/startup HTTP/1.1
Host: localhost:8081
Content-Type: application/json

{
 "streamName":"stream1",
 "rtmpUrl":"rtmp://rtmp_server:1935/live/test",
 "rtmpTransponderFullUrl":true
}
In this case, the stream will be published to RTMP server with the name defined in RTMP URL

jonasgroendahl

Hi, I have the same exact issue and tried all the things mentioned. I even checked my config file for special characters and it's not showing up in live producer. Can you assist? :)

jonasgroendahl

I tried to update to latest, now this is appearing in startup.log:

FlashphonerWebCallServer cannot be started from user flashphoner, please fix the permissions to the folders or run 'webcallserver set-permissions'!