WebRTC Video not getting pushed

Hello,

My WCS version: 5.2.859

Users in my system facing an issue where WebRTC stream can't be published to the Origin servers. I am using Origin and Edge servers infrastructure setup.
On checking with the logs, I noticed their video not getting pushed to the stream.

After starting the stream, WCS trying to publish the stream and after sometime the session getting disconnected automatically.

Using this api call, /rest-api/cdn/show_routes, I got the following response for that stream
1-xxx.72.190.99-0-[AUDIO{bitrate=0, codec='opus', rate=48000, channels=2}]": "40641-1626270012-111032",

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Perhaps this is publisher channel issue. Please try to use more stable network for publishing (Wi-Fi instead of 4G, wired connection instead of Wi-Fi etc). WebRTC over TCP publishing may also help:
Code:
session.createStream({
    name: streamName,
    display: localVideo,
    transport: "TCP"
}).on(STREAM_STATUS.PUBLISHING, function (stream) {
}).publish();
You can also use lower resolution/bitrate for publishing (for example, 640x360 500 kbps).

Thank you Max. Let me check.

I have also noticed updating the WCS server to latest version(5.2.983) fixes the issue for the user.
Is there any fixes done in the latest version related to this issue?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Is there any fixes done in the latest version related to this issue?
No. There were some fixes affecting CDN subscribers, but you have problem on publisher side.
There were also some H264 parsing fixes which affects streams publishing and recording, may be this helps.