Support for install WCS in Ubuntu Desktop

krisheath

Hi,

Is it officially supported to install and run WCS on Ubuntu Desktop as opposed to Ubuntu Server? We have a number of customers and employees who are not familiar with Linux and providing them with the desktop GUI would make our deployment process much easier than the pure CLI server OS environment.

Thanks
Kris.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Is it officially supported to install and run WCS on Ubuntu Desktop as opposed to Ubuntu Server?
WCS can be installed to any desktop Linux OS by the same way as to server OS:
Code:
wget https://flashphoner.com/download-wcs5.2-server.tar.gz
tar -xvzf FlashphonerWebCallServer-5.2.XXXX.tar.gz
cd FlashphonerWebCallServer-5.2.XXXX
sudo ./install.sh

krisheath

Thanks Max.

Does that mean that if I choose to install WCS on Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS desktop, if I run into any problem with WCS that I can expect support from Flashphoner? I see on the prerequisites page here that Ubuntu 20.04 is listed as a supported OS but there is no explicit reference to server or desktop. I would like to double check that desktop is OK.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Does that mean that if I choose to install WCS on Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS desktop, if I run into any problem with WCS that I can expect support from Flashphoner?
Yes, you can expect support on this forum. There is no difference between Ubuntu desktop and Ubuntu server at this point.