Playing an RTSP stream via webRTC in local network

DeanSLR

Hello,
I have the following topology:

RTSP Stream1 |
RTSP Stream2 | ----------> Server + WCS ----------> Client (Browser)
RTSP Stream3 |
RTSP Stream4 |

I'm able to establish a connection to the WCS in the browser and view the stream when i'm on localhost. but in the LAN from another computer I can only make a connection to the WCS server and cannot view the streams. what steps do I need to do to make this work?
Port forwarding? Reverse proxy? for each RTSP stream?
Or perhaps there is some server sided codding I need to do? please assist. thanks

DeanSLR

I'll clarify:
the client is a VueJS app with the code logic for creating a session and playing the stream.
But once the camera streams are not connected directly to the clients PC but now i'm on another PC in the LAN. this logic doesnt make sense anymore I think. I just need a clarification

Max

Administrator
Staff member
m able to establish a connection to the WCS in the browser and view the stream when i'm on localhost. but in the LAN from another computer I can only make a connection to the WCS server and cannot view the streams. what steps do I need to do to make this work?
Please check if you open the sample page in browser using HTTPS. WebRTC does not work via HTTP, so you can't play the stream in client browser.
The only address where WebRTC is available via HTTP is localhost.