Audio stream over RTSP problem

Srdjan

Hello Support,

We are experiencing issues when trying to stream audio alongside video over RTSP protocol.
This is happening only when using rtsp protocol.

The facts :
- When using RTMP to publish stream to our server we are not experiencing any issues but we have to use RTSP so this is not an option for us.
-- When using AAC,AAC+ and AAC++ audio protocol we are getting video stream but we are not hearing any audio(Flashphoner log shows "audioCodec" : "opus" and "Stream Playing")
--- When using 'G711A Over RTSP' we are not getting anything, not even video stream(Flashphoner logs shows "info" : "Can not get audio SDP","Stream failed" )
---- When using 'G711A Over RTSP' but with option 'Enable and Resample with 8k' we are getting Video and Audio as it should be(Flashphoner logs show "audioCodec":"PCMA" , sincerely with a lot noise but that is issue for other subject)
----- All this testing is made with option set on encoder itself "TS OVER RTSP=ES".When its set to "TS OVER RTSP=TS" we are always getting "No codecs found" and can't get anything.

Our question is what audio protocol we can actually use when streaming audio and video over rtsp as resample with 8k is not giving us optimal quality ?If anything needs to be changed on server side please let us know what.

If there are audio tweaks for suppressing noise etc please provide us with documentation regarding that if possible.

I tried to provide as much details as possible.
Please let me know if you need anything further.

We will be awaiting your response.

Regards,
Srdjan I.

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
-- When using AAC,AAC+ and AAC++ audio protocol we are getting video stream but we are not hearing any audio(Flashphoner log shows "audioCodec" : "opus" and "Stream Playing")
--- When using 'G711A Over RTSP' we are not getting anything, not even video stream(Flashphoner logs shows "info" : "Can not get audio SDP","Stream failed" )
If you view these streams in VLC, do your have issues?
Could you please share links to the streams for testing? If you can't share the stream, please provide:
1. Pcap file:
Code:
tcpdump -s 4096 -w log.pcap
2. Output of ffprobe command:
Code:
ffprobe -loglevel debug -i 'rtsp://<Your RTSP stream>'
You have to install ffmpeg to get this probe.
Please tell us which version of WCS you are using and send WCS logs:
Code:
cat /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/conf/WCS.version
Code:
/usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/logs

Last edited:

Srdjan

Hello Support,

I've sent you the details over an e-mail.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,
Srdjan I.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
We raised internal ticket (WCS-2388) and let you know results in this topic.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
We've reproduced the issue and still work on it. You can use the following parameter in flashphoner.properties file as a temporary workaround:
Code:
use_fdk_aac=false

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
We fixed the issue in build 5.2.429. Please update, turn use_fdk_aac parameter back to true and check.

Srdjan

Good day,
Thanks, we will try as soon as we re-issue the licence as strimming is down due to this.
We didn't set autopay option and we are trying to re-issue it but we can't login to e2checkout nor we have a link from you on how to do that.
Clicking on Subscribe button on your site doesn't do anything.

We wrote to your sales and we are still waiting on response from Saturday and nothing yet.

Regards,
Srdjan I.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello
If you are trying to subscribe, make sure you checked "agree with license terms"
Regarding your subscription, please check your spam box. We answered today. The subscription should be extended. Please contact sales@flashphoner.com to get more information.
As an alternative channel skype: flashphoner.com
Regarding Saturday, our GA working time is week days.

Attachments

Srdjan

Hello,

When parameter use_fdk_aac is back to true audio is not working at all.
Sorry for late reply we were working on other stuff.

Please check again.

Regards,
Srdjan I.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Your RTSP stream is not available. We checked playback from pcap dump on the latest build 5.2.597 with use_fdk_aac=true (by default), and audio is playing.
Please update to latest build and check. If the problem persists, please provide us access to the stream on which we can reproduce it.