AWS - service webcallserver not found

Taylor

Hello

I've recently updated the WCS on AWS from 5.2.673 to 5.2.780 and found there was an issue with the command service webcallserver (start|stop|restart). Whenever I call it I get this instead of the usual stopping/starting messages:
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl restart webcallserver.service

The workaround I have for this currently is to replace service webcallserver with /usr/local/Flashphoner/bin/webcallserver.

I've also found that this is an issue with 5.2.728 on AWS too, but 5.2.629 on AWS works ok.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Amazon claims to drop Amazon Linux support, so we migrated latest AMI Marketplace images to Amazon Linux 2. In this image, systemd is used instead of init.d. Therefore systemctl command is default now, service is just alias
So we recommend to use systemctl to start/stop/restart
Code:
sudo systemctl start webcallserver
sudo systemctl stop webcallserver
sudo systemctl restart webcallserver
We added this to docs, please see here

Last edited:

Taylor

Hello Max

Thank you for the speedy response. Glad to know it's only due to the Linux migration.

I have tested the systemctl command and it works but I don't get the confirmation messages that it is stopping and starting like it did with service:
Code:
FlashphonerWebCallServer: stopping
                                                           [  OK  ]
FlashphonerWebCallServer: starting                         [  OK  ]
I would probably continue using the webcallserver script (/usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/bin/webcallserver) since it gives me the confirmation messages.

Cheers

Max

Administrator
Staff member
but I don't get the confirmation messages that it is stopping and starting like it did with service:
Yes, service displays script output and systemctl hides.
You can use webcallserver script to launch WCS manually if this is suitable for you. systemctl is used to automatically launch WCS on instance startup or reboot.