Big Sur MAC update possible issue with voice streaming

Dani

I've notice something strange on a new Big Sur MacBook Pro -
on a 2 way call video + sound one channel (voice) sounds scrambled for about a minute until it starts working ok.
We haven't seen this in any other setup yet.
I'm will try tomorrow with another MacBook to see if it's consistent.
was Flashphoner tested on that OS ?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
We tested Chrome, Firefox, Safari on Mac OS 11.1 (MacBook Pro Early 2015) with WCS latest builds and can't reproduce the issue in TwoWayStreaming example.
But, if we set
Code:
constraints.audio.stereo=true
by enabling Stereo switch in Media Devices example, there is a strong echo if internal microphone and speaker are used.
Anyway, the internal mic is mono, so we recommend to publish mono from MacBook (and from the most laptops). To publish stereo, you need external stereo mic. So, don't use stereo constraints in usual cases.

Last edited:

lunderwood

I'm having the same problem. Two MacBook Pros are in my possession. I have no problems with my Model 6,1 control machine. I'm having trouble streaming CBS and Amazon Prime on my test machine model (6,4), where I recently installed the current beta. The 6,1 machine is running 10.15.7 and the most recent version of Safari. I don't have any Netflix issues, unlike the original article, which provides me a thought. I'll let you know if it makes a difference. Now a question to everybody here how do I convert mp4 to mp3 on Mac?? Any tips, ideas, help??

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I'm having the same problem. Two MacBook Pros are in my possession. I have no problems with my Model 6,1 control machine.
Please try to reproduce the issue in Two Way Streaming example on demo server https://demo.flashphoner.com:8888/c...ming/two_way_streaming/two_way_streaming.html
If the issue is not reproducing on demo but is reproducing on your server, collect a report as described here including a traffic dump collected on server side and client debug logs. Traffic dump collection should be started before stream publishing. Send the report archive using this form.