Can't monitor server via Jconsole nor Visual VM

Srdjan

Hello support,
We were not able to successfully connect via Jconsole nor Visual VM to localhost:50999 whatever option we set and try.
Only error message is that connection could not be established although tunnel was working well and we disabled all firewall rules.
We didn't buy the licence yet so wanted to confirm is this licence related or we are missing something ?

What i noticed is that there is no flashphoner_manager.log so we were not able to dig into the root cause of this issue as well.
Current config is default although we tried with suggestions from how to pages
### JVM OPTIONS ###
-Xmx16g
-Xms16g

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote=true
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.local.only=false
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=50999
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.host=localhost
-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=localhost
Regards,
Srdjan I.

Srdjan

We succeeded by setting
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.rmi.port=50999

Maybe it will help someone.

Thanks,
Srdjan I.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Thank you. In addition we will add: if you cannot connect from JConsole or VisualVM using standard parameters, try one of the following ways described in the documentation (set JMX hostname in wcs-core.properties).
What i noticed is that there is no flashphoner_manager.log so we were not able to dig into the root cause of this issue as well.
The flashphoner_manager.log file is no used in WCS 5.2.

Last edited:

awv

Hello,
As was recommended, I upgraded to OpenJDK 12 and use the ZGC.
I have not not been successful in connecting via JConsole on Mac; the tunnel is working perfectly as far as I can tell, but it times out in connecting.

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.rmi.port=50999
-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=MY public IP

JConsole gives an error Secure connection via SSL failed, retry insecure? Choose Insecure, says failed.
Appreciate any clue on how to get this working!

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
We cannot reproduce the issue. Both JMC and JConsole (Oracle JDK 8) successfully connect to WCS server with the following settings in wcs-core-properties
Code:
-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=server_address
JDK on server:
1610334870724.png

Please check if TCP port 50999 is available from JConsole client

awv

Hello,
Are you successfully able to connect to my WCS server? I still am not able to connect. Is the issue that I am using the version of JConsole client from AdoptOpenJDK?
Server:
1610336146594.png

Client:
1610336061295.png

As well, today under moderate load the server completely crashed, WCS came down. In the gc-core logs the server states:
Forcefully lowering max Java heap size to 1372M (22%) and then the log file would stop. After WCS was restarted the logs proceeded and more info about ZGC is in the log.
There were also numerous javax.net.ssl.SSLException listed in the stat file.
Could you connect to this machine and check the config?

Thanks!

Attachments

Ritsuko

I was able to connect to it, if you're asking. Did you fix the problem already? Or still working on it. Maybe it's not related to all the users, and only some of them have no access, or vice versa. I don't have any problems with mount vmdk, and I suppose that this is why I was able to connect. I hope that you will find a solution to fix this, and you will able to monitor the server without problems. This will be good both for you and all the users at the time, because you will be able to help in certain situations.

Last edited: