CONNECTION_QUALITY.UPDATE events

hyuk

Hi.

I have a question about CONNECTION_QUALITY.UPDATE events.

As I understand, clientFiltered is the client bitrate, and serverFilterd is the bitrate received by the server.
In my opinion, serverFilterd is unconditionally lower than clientFiltered, but there are cases where it is high.
Have I ever misunderstood? Can you see a definition for this?

Additional questions.. quality is bad, good, perpect. I am curious about the standards for each type.
(Ex. when serverFilterd is less than 50% compared to clientFilterd, it is bad..)

Have a nice day.
:)

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
As I understand, clientFiltered is the client bitrate, and serverFilterd is the bitrate received by the server.
For publishing, yes. But if you're playing a stream, serverFiltered is a bitrate sent by server, averaged by Kalman filter, and clientFiltered is a bitrate received by client, also averaged by Kalman filter.
So for publishing serverFiltered will be less or equal to clientFiltered, and for playing clientFiltered will be less or equal to serverFiltered.
Additional questions.. quality is bad, good, perpect. I am curious about the standards for each type.
(Ex. when serverFilterd is less than 50% compared to clientFilterd, it is bad..)
If client and server bitrates difference is less than 20%, the value is PERFECT
If difference is more than 20%, the value is GOOD
If difference is more than 50%, the value is BAD