Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALI

Discussion in 'Web Call Server 5' started by hezi, Mar 17, 2020.

1. hezi

hezi New Member

Hello,
    I am trying to stream rtmp to webCallServer.

I have installed a trial webCallServer on an ubuntu virtualBox and set the stream from the encoder to the server's address:
    rtmp://192.168.0.103:1935/live/a
    The encoder says that it is connected but I cannot view the stream, I get the following message on the browser:
    WebSocket connection to 'wss://192.168.0.103:8443/' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

I have read that it is a certificate issue but maybe because it is a trial the certificate buttons are grayed (and I can not create a certificate without a domain which I am not going to have).

I must mention that my intentions are to work offline.

Thanks,
    Hezi.
  2. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

Hello,

Establishing wss-connection can work from Chrome in the case. With Firefox or Safari, try using HTTP (http://WCS:8081/admin/demo.html).
    The buttons on the Security and License pages are disabled when logged in as demo-user; will be enabled when logged in as admin.
  3. hezi

hezi New Member

Hello Max, Thank you for your answer.
    I am using chrome and yes I was logged in as demo so it can explain the issue.
    What about the certificate on offline network? the tutorial speaks about using the tool to generate a certificate but it requires a domain name.
    How can I bypass it?
  4. Max

Good day.
    Please try to use mkcert to make locally-trusted development certificate.
  5. S.de

S.de New Member

please, say it clearly in interface, that "demo"-user does not have enough rights. I really stacked at this for hours.
    Next clients will not have this problem if they see "demo" warning)
  6. Max

Please create a new topic for a new question. Also please don't duplicate topics in several forum sections.