Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALI

hezi

Hello,
I am trying to stream rtmp to webCallServer.

I have installed a trial webCallServer on an ubuntu virtualBox and set the stream from the encoder to the server's address:
rtmp://192.168.0.103:1935/live/a
The encoder says that it is connected but I cannot view the stream, I get the following message on the browser:
WebSocket connection to 'wss://192.168.0.103:8443/' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

I have read that it is a certificate issue but maybe because it is a trial the certificate buttons are grayed (and I can not create a certificate without a domain which I am not going to have).

I must mention that my intentions are to work offline.

Thanks,
Hezi.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

Establishing wss-connection can work from Chrome in the case. With Firefox or Safari, try using HTTP (http://WCS:8081/admin/demo.html).
The buttons on the Security and License pages are disabled when logged in as demo-user; will be enabled when logged in as admin.

hezi

Hello Max, Thank you for your answer.
I am using chrome and yes I was logged in as demo so it can explain the issue.
What about the certificate on offline network? the tutorial speaks about using the tool to generate a certificate but it requires a domain name.
How can I bypass it?

S.de

Hello,
The buttons on the Security and License pages are disabled when logged in as demo-user; will be enabled when logged in as admin.
please, say it clearly in interface, that "demo"-user does not have enough rights. I really stacked at this for hours.
Next clients will not have this problem if they see "demo" warning)

Max

Administrator
Staff member
please, say it clearly in interface, that "demo"-user does not have enough rights. I really stacked at this for hours.
Next clients will not have this problem if they see "demo" warning)
Please create a new topic for a new question. Also please don't duplicate topics in several forum sections.