Hi, I am streaming from my Webcam using flash phoner.and I got a mobile app android and ios built in ionic. I use iframe on the app to display the liv

rajeshpatchala

Hi, I am streaming from my Webcam using flash phoner.and I got a mobile app android and ios built in ionic. I use iframe on the app to display the live video. On debug version of apk video loading with out problems. But on release version of the apk video not loading at all. Please help if any body came across this.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Hi, I am streaming from my Webcam using flash phoner.and I got a mobile app android and ios built in ionic. I use iframe on the app to display the live video.
The Ionic framework is probably uses WebView to display the page in iframe. This applies some limits: for example, it will not play WebRTC on iOS devices because WKWebView does not support WebRTC. The player will probably work using WSPlayer, but it will increase server load due to stream transcoding (approximately 1 CPU core per 2 streams 720p).
So we recommend to build native applications for Android and iOS or use browser to play WebRTC.
On debug version of apk video loading with out problems. But on release version of the apk video not loading at all.
Please check if the issue is reproducing in Android SDK WebView example application. Also please make sure Chrome is used as WebView service.