How to suppress permisson request to microphone in browsers?

marcw

So there is no way to use the REST Api to ceate the streams? If I must create every session stream via Javascript and catch the stream name per REST Api per PHP then I will get a timing problem. Or have a delay.

Best
Marc

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good morning, Marc.
So there is no way to use the REST Api to ceate the streams?
You can't use REST API to create a stream.
But you can catch a stream name via REST hook SteamStatusEvent:
0. You add your backend application to handle StreamStatusEvent as described here.
1. You create vod stream via JavaScript
2. Vod stream is published on server
3. Your backend application:
- receives REST hook StreamStatusEvent, catches a vod stream name
- replyes to WCS with 200 OK echo answer
- and triggers a server script that does all the REST API job: create a mixer and so on.
Here is example of "connect" REST hook implemetation, it should help to understand REST hooks concepts.
Note that this way moves almost all the job from client browser to your backend server.

marcw

Thank you for all your patience, Max, but I give up here. It seems I am not clever enough for that stuff. Meanwhile I have downgraded the technical platform for my Android app from WCS4 to WCS2.1 which is running like a charme since 4.5 years and recreated the code now in Actionscript. Just for the web users I still need another solutition because WCS4 do not support other browsers aside Chrome anymore. At least not for my code.
I go 10 steps back now and will try it with MeetMe as mentioned in June.

Best regards
Marc