Integration issue for WebRTC with WCS server 5 and Asterisk 14.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Your servers:
WCS server : 192.168.30.161
Asterisk PBX: 192.168.30.159
So you have to set
Code:
ip=192.168.30.161
ip_local=192.168.30.161
In your flashphoner.properties config.
Please do
Code:
service webcallserver restart
to apply changes
I have attached the following file. Also, had another question regarding the procedure for configuring the FlashPhoner server when the IP changes that is when the server changes from one network to another network. (For example the initial IP is 192.168.30.175 is changed to another internal IP that is 192.168.1.16 or 172.x.x.x). Can you please let me know the scripts that need to be modified for the same.
Dynamic modification is not supported.
You can use something like this
Code:
ip=wcs.mydomain.com
ip_local=127.0.0.1
here wcs.mydomain.com is FQDN of your server.

Thank you for your response. It seems that after the following change and a successful restart the registration is failing and the client doesn't seem to connect to the server. Can you please tell me the changes in the flashphoner.xml file.Also,can you please tell me if this procedure is fine. I am hosting the client sdk in my apache and through that I am trying to reach the server. Can you help me on this...Thanks for the help..:)

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
flashphoner.xml is old config and no longer used.
Please use our latest examples from Web SDK
For example you can download latest build from here.
You can test from dashboard of your WCS server: https://wcs5-eu.flashphoner.com/demo2/phone
HTML / js code is located here:
Code:
/usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/client2/examples/demo/sip/phone/phone.html
You can read more here.

Thank you for the response. It seems that after the change in the IP, the registration from the demo apps or any other app seems to be failing. Can you please tell the way to debug this. I am stuck with this from a couple of hours. Also, if you say that the script has to be modified, can the domain be replaced with the IP?The Audio call for sip-web still seems to be an issue. I also see that https://server_IP:8888 is not opening from the browser..I request you to help me on this..Thanks for the help:)

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Please read the troubleshooting guide
Make sure
  • your WCS server is up and running
  • WCS processes are running
  • WCS logs flashphoner.log and flashphoner_manager.log are active.

Hi Max,
We are trying out ways to implement the same . Can you please help me with the SDK which can be used. Does flashphoner have the latest phonejs since I was looking at the chat and in browser log functionality or is there any sdk similar to that? Also, can you please let me know if the conference option in Flashphoner can be implemented. Also, just wanted to know as to how to implement CDR and billing.Thank you for your help in advance.:)

Can you please let me know as to how to make changes to the SDK and add the files in the WebCall Server.I request you to please help me on these 2 posts.Thank you for the help in advance.:)

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We are trying out ways to implement the same . Can you please help me with the SDK which can be used. Does flashphoner have the latest phonejs since I was looking at the chat and in browser log functionality or is there any sdk similar to that?
We have two Web SDKs
1) Web SDK 1.0 (no longer supported for new customers)
2) Web SDK 2.0
We have few examples based on SDK 2.0:
1) Phone example
https://wcs5-eu.flashphoner.com/demo2/phone
2) Phone video example
https://wcs5-eu.flashphoner.com/demo2/phone-video
3) Phone UI example
https://wcs5-eu.flashphoner.com/demo2/phone-ui
So you have to learn one of these samples and modify the samples as you need.
You can get Web SDK 2.0 builds from here https://flashphoner.com/wcs-web-sdk
Also, can you please let me know if the conference option in Flashphoner can be implemented.
WCS works as a single SIP softphone instance. So it can operate as a conference participant if Asterisk or other PBX provides a conference room.
Also, just wanted to know as to how to implement CDR and billing.
WCS has basic CDR logs. You can read more here.
For a custom billing you can use Rest Methods

Hi Max,
Thank you for the response. Can you please give me a brief description and flow for the android and IOS application interaction with the Web Call Server and whether it needs to be deployed in a public network or can it be handled in a private network. Can you please point me to any documentation? and also,does the call flow remain the same?
Thanks for the help..:)

Max

Administrator
Staff member
The call flow is the same as if you would use Web SDK and web application. No difference in the call flow.
The difference is Web SDK application is running in a web browser.
iOS SDK application is running on iPhone or iPad.
Android application is running on Android tablet or smartphone.
This call flow is correct if you just replace Web Browser to Android app or to iOS app on the scheme below:

Hi Max,
Thank you for the response.Just wanted to know if the web call server needs to be in a public network.Also, are there any demo apps similar to web sdk in IOS that we wanted to refer to? Thanks for the help..:)

Can you please let us know about any apps for Phoner UI and any Web-SIP apps like in web SDK that we can modify and use it like the web sdk? Help regarding this is highly appreciated:)Thank you in advance:)

Max

Administrator
Staff member
WCS can be deployed in any network, either in a public network or private.
However, for activation and licensing purpose, it should have https internet connection to licensing servers.
demo apps similar to web sdk in IOS that we wanted to refer to
We plan to release demo apps for iOS to app store.
For now you have to build iOS samples on Mac and Xcode, using this manual.
From the manual you can see how to build all iOS examples, including Phone example for iOS.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
can you please let us know about any apps for Phoner UI and any Web-SIP apps like in web SDK that we can modify and use it like the web sdk?
As I listed before, there are default apps:
  • Phone
  • Phone video
  • Phone UI
If you mean something else, please let me know.

Hi Max,
Thank you for the response. I meant the Phone UI, Phone Video and Audio apps that are available in Web SDK. We just wanted to know if we could get a reference for similar kind of apps in IOS since we are stuck in the App Development and any help regarding that is really appreciated nd I also see that the manual has the IOS apps to be coming soon. I understand that the Apps are going to be released to the App store but is there any other documentation or source that I can refer to. Stuck with calling the methods from quite sometime. Thanks for the help in advance.:)

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Currently we don't have a particular date for this release.
So you should better build this on your Mac OS + Xcode.

Hi Max,
Thank you for your response.During the app development we found that the
6. Run the build script and wait while all dependencies and examples are built
./build_example.sh

is failing and the dependencies are missing. Can you please help us regarding this. Thanks..:)