Issue with Mixer Streaming

Hi Max, while going live using Mixer, more often I am getting this message The stream's current bitrate (549.47 Kbps) is lower than the recommended bitrate. We recommend that you use a stream bitrate of 2500 Kbps.

can you tell me what causing such issues, we are not able to debug this.

Also, with Screen Share with mixer background I am getting participant's video on left side corner, which we are expecting each participant center aligned, can you please help us on these issues.

FYI: when I am using "mixer_desktop_align = CENTER" entire mixer is not working at all.

Sending entire flashphoner.properties

Bash:
#websocket ports
ws.port                 = 8080
wss.port                = 8443

#client mode
client_mode = false

#rtc timeout fix
rtc_ice_add_local_component = true

# youtube / facebook live stream config
rtmp_transponder_stream_name_prefix =
rtmp_transponder_full_url = true
rtmp_flash_ver_subscriber = LNX 76.219.189.0

# mixer config
mixer_auto_start = true
mixer_mcu_audio  = true
mixer_mcu_video  = true
mixer_voice_activity = false
#mixer_voice_activity_frame_thickness = 1
#mixer_video_desktop_layout_padding = 2
#mixer_desktop_align = CENTER
mixer_video_buffer_length = 450
mixer_video_layout_desktop_key_word = screenShare
mixer_video_desktop_fullscreen = true

# stream record name policy
stream_record_policy = template
stream_record_policy_template = {streamName}-{login}

# hooks
on_multiple_record_hook_script = on_multiple_record_hook.sh

Attachments

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Hi Max, while going live using Mixer, more often I am getting this message The stream's current bitrate (549.47 Kbps) is lower than the recommended bitrate. We recommend that you use a stream bitrate of 2500 Kbps.
Please clarify in what log this message appears? In this is RTMP ingest point log, this can be channel issue between WCS instance and RTMP ingest point. In this case, migrate WCS instance to datacenter closer to RTMP ingest point or vice versa, use ingest point closer to WCS instance.
You cal also set mixer output video bitrate with the following parameter (2 Mbps by default):
Code:
mixer_video_bitrate_kbps=2000
Also, with Screen Share with mixer background I am getting participant's video on left side corner, which we are expecting each participant center aligned, can you please help us on these issues.
FYI: when I am using "mixer_desktop_align = CENTER" entire mixer is not working at all.
This is a known issue, and it was fixed in latest builds. Please update to 5.2.1038 and check.
Also, we do not recommend to use mixer_desktop_align = CENTER with mixer_video_desktop_fullscreen = true, because desktop stream in fullscreen mode is always aligned by all the mixers canvas. Use mixer_desktop_align = TOP instead.