problem with sound

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I'm surprised a little as we are not using CDN in our connections. Maybe I didn't understand you correct.
As a CDN, I mean a media server - source of RTSP stream.
Is the problem with stream's packet drop?
No. The issue is caused by temporary interruption of RTSP stream. Not network packet lost.
Connection between our WCS and streaming server is very good (ping is abount 2.7ms) as they are both located in one datacenter.
It does not look like a connection problem. Looks like a short software interruption when stream is not sending.
Is the root cause of problem (with handle of CDN's drops) should help us?
If we fix that, WCS will automatically repair it's state after similar interruption in the stream. And you would not need to restart a single RTSP stream or whole WCS core.

Arsen G.

As a CDN, I mean a media server - source of RTSP stream.

No. The issue is caused by temporary interruption of RTSP stream. Not network packet lost.

It does not look like a connection problem. Looks like a short software interruption when stream is not sending.

If we fix that, WCS will automatically repair it's state after similar interruption in the stream. And you would not need to restart a single RTSP stream or whole WCS core.
OK Max, thank you for your explanation.
We are waiting for response from you.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello
We have fixed similar behavior for WebRTC only (Chrome, Firefox).
Build 2317.
You can do:
Code:
service webcallserver update
The similar means we have created a model emulating your streams.
Please let us know if you still have the issue in your production environment with latest build.

For iOS Safari and Flash it is still not fixed and audio, video or sync may be lost during stream interruption.
We will inform you with further fixes.

Arsen G.

Hello
We have fixed similar behavior for WebRTC only (Chrome, Firefox).
Build 2317.
You can do:
Code:
service webcallserver update
The similar means we have created a model emulating your streams.
Please let us know if you still have the issue in your production environment with latest build.

For iOS Safari and Flash it is still not fixed and audio, video or sync may be lost during stream interruption.
We will inform you with further fixes.
Dear Max, thank you for your update on our case.
I updated our WCS and will inform you about results.
I'll wait a software update for IOS Safari and Flash cases.

Thank you very much.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello
Eventually we have managed this issue on all following browsers: WebRTC, Flash, WSPlayer (iOS Safari)
You can update to build 2341
Code:
service webcallserver update 2341
If you have any issues please let us know.
If you have critical issues, please roll this back to previous build
Code:
service webcallserver update xxxx
Here xxxx is number of previous build.