Question about record link file.

Gain

What if I already streaming with record = true , And then my internet connection is lost.
The question is my record stream still on my WCS server ? and if it was. how do I get the previous record link from that file ?
More question.
Sometime i streaming about 2 hours and after end my streaming i got no record link file return.
The question is if i streaming for long time like 2 hours and after end streaming record link file will return immediately or it will take some minutes to get link ?
And if it will take some minutes to get link. how do I get the previous record link from that file ?

P.S. Sorry for bad English.
P.S. 2 I use WCS on AWS.

Please advice
Gain

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
What if I already streaming with record = true , And then my internet connection is lost.
The question is my record stream still on my WCS server ? and if it was. how do I get the previous record link from that file ?
When internet connection is lost, the stream will be stopped. So, recording will be stopped too. And in this case you cannot get a link because websocket signaling session is closed too. Moreover, if you are using a static template like {streamName}, the previous recording will be overwritten by default. So we recommend to use template forming an unique file name, for example {streamName}-{startTime}. Please read details about file name templates here: Forming the name of the stream record file
To get the file name recorded even if the connection is lost, use recording hook script on_record_hook.sh. Please read the detais here: Record files handling script
Sometime i streaming about 2 hours and after end my streaming i got no record link file return.
The question is if i streaming for long time like 2 hours and after end streaming record link file will return immediately or it will take some minutes to get link ?
A file link is returned from server after file is completely recorded. For a long stream, it may take a noticeable time. In this case, you shoud increate the timeout to wait for file recording (15 seconds by default), for example set it to 1 minute.
Code:
record_stop_timeout=60

Gain

Thanks for the answer.

I have another question about screen sharing.
Is there a way to share screen by not choosing screen to share on web browser but force to share current monitor screen ?
Because sometime users choose the wrong screen to share, like web browser tab or some tab that is not monitor screen.

Please advice
Gain

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a way to share screen by not choosing screen to share on web browser but force to share current monitor screen ?
No, there is no way. Browser always asks for a screen to share.

Gain

Thanks again for the answer.

I have another question (again) about muteRemoteAudio .

1643699960141.png

Since I use this command it's work until three days ago it's doesn't work anymore.
I just want to know is there any update or something made it doesn't work ?

Please advice
Gain

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Since I use this command it's work until three days ago it's doesn't work anymore.
I just want to know is there any update or something made it doesn't work ?
What WebSDK version do you use? Please update to build 2.0.209 and check if the problem is reproducing in Two Way Streaming example. If not, modify the example code minimally to reproduce the problem and send the code using this form.

Gain

my code is connect demo Flashphoner which build version is 2.0.207-5, so the problem is from this version ? and if I use build 2.0.209 will this problem disappear or not ?
And I use WebSDK on AWS so how long will u update 2.0.207 to 2.0.209 or it's already updated ?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
my code is connect demo Flashphoner which build version is 2.0.207-5, so the problem is from this version ?
We cannot reproduce the problem with WebSDK build 2.0.207. So seems the problem is in custom code, perhaps in video tag attributes. Please check if the problem is reproducing in Two Way Streaming example. If not, modify the example code minimally to reproduce the problem and send the code using this form.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We reproduced the behaviour in latest WebSDK builds. This is not a problem, but expected behaviuor in WebSDK build since 2.0.210 and newer. Please read this doc for details: Start stream playback with muted audio
So you should update WebSDK to 2.0.212 and use the stream option unmutePlayOnStart:
Code:
  session.createStream({
      name: streamName,
      display: remoteVideo,
      unmutePlayOnStart: false
  }).on(STREAM_STATUS.PENDING, function (stream) {
   }).on(STREAM_STATUS.PLAYING, function (stream) {
  }).on(STREAM_STATUS.STOPPED, function () {
  }).play();
If you are using a link to a latest WebSDK bundle
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://flashphoner.com/downloads/builds/flashphoner_client/wcs_api-2.0/current/flashphoner.js"></script>
or NPM package, you don't need to update manually.
If you're using self-hosted WebSDK, you should download archive 2.0.212, unpack it and copy @flashphoner/websdk-2.0.212 folder content to your web server or to /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/client2 folder:
Code:
wget https://flashphoner.com/downloads/builds/flashphoner_client/wcs_api-2.0/flashphoner-api-2.0.212-ecbadc3d0850a638ae9eb784708539780a1ffbef.tar.gz
tar -xzf flashphoner-api-2.0.212-*.tar.gz
cd @flashphoner/websdk-2.0.212
yes | cp -r * /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallserver/client2
cd ../..
yes | cp client.version /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallserver/client2