RTSP links stuck after new seconds

appsgenii

I am using paid flashphoner and using iframe to play rtsp links.
Video got stuck after few seconds but same video keep playing on VLC player. I have tested with different RTSP links and result is same.

Kindly help to fix this issue. If you need server access kindly confirm I can provide you with details.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We checked your stream and server.
Unfortunately, there is no any movement in the stream, just black screen with one white point both in VLC and in Media Devices example
1609732827784.png

The stream does not fail during a couple of minutes, packets received count is growing, lost packets count is zero, stream video bitrate conforms the black screen.
So we can't reproduce the stream freeze. Please add the following parameter to flashphoner.properties file
Code:
periodic_fir_request=true
to request keyframes from RTSP source (if it supports PLI requests). This should prevent freezes.
We also found other issues in your server configuration. Seems like CPU is loaded, but there is no trancoding, and only one stream has a subscriber. It can be caused by JDK 8 build used (1.8.0_275). We recommend to install JDK 12 or 14 and set up ZGC as described here.

Last edited:

appsgenii

Thank you Max for your help.
I have upgraded OS to Ubuntu 18.04 and also installed JAVA 14 and set up ZGC. I think RTSP links are working fine (as I tested for last 5 min). Will confirm you if issue arrises again.

But I am having same issue with RTMP links they got stuck. Can you please suggest what settings should be applied for RTMP streaming.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
But I am having same issue with RTMP links they got stuck. Can you please suggest what settings should be applied for RTMP streaming.
If you're publishing RTMP stream using RTMP encoder (ffmpeg, OBS, Xsplit, Vix etc) please make sure that:
1. Keyframes are sending regularly (for example, ever 2 seconds)
2. GOP size is mutiple of FPS (for example, if you're publishing 30 fps, set GOP size 60
3. Stream bitrate fits to publisher and players channel/ For example, try to play stream via Media Devices example. It shows some playback statistics, pay atention to NACK count, if this counter grows, there can be channel problems.
If the recommendations does not help, please provide us RTMP link example and SSH using this private form.