samsung browser vp8 recording issue

hyuk

Hello.
Users who have purchased and are using WCS licenses.
There is a problem during the test, so we ask for confirmation
There is no problem with live video if you publish video with codec (VP8) in mobile Samsung browser.
However, when playing the saved video, it is broken by 100% after 30 seconds.
There was no such problem with the codec (h264).
I would like to know if you are aware of an issue with this or if there is a solution.
Have a nice day.

error_capture.PNG

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
We reproduced the issue and raised the ticket WCS-2996 to investigate it. Will let you know results in this topic

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
In our tests, the issue is reproduced only when stream is published from old phone models, for example Samsung J4+ (CPU Qualcomm 425, Android 9). Please clarify what device do you use?
Also, please check if server requests keyframes regularly
Code:
periodic_fir_request=true
We still investigating the issue.

hyuk

Hi,
The models we checked are not old models.

Samsung Galaxy S20
Samsung Galaxy S10 5G ( Android 10 ) ( https://www.samsung.com/sec/support/model/SM-G977NZSAKTC/ )
Samsung Galaxy S10e

All the devices I have are fine with the Chrome browser, but with the Samsung browser.

I didn't have the code that I delivered, so I added it to flashphoner.conf.
However, there are still problems.

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't have the code that I delivered, so I added it to flashphoner.conf.
The setting should be added to /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/conf/flashphoner.properties file, then server should be restarted.

hyuk

The setting should be added to /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/conf/flashphoner.properties file, then server should be restarted.
Yes. I added that code and tested it by restarting the service, but the problem reproduced.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
We fixed the VP8 recording from Samsung browser issues in build 5.2.912. Please update and check.