Stream stops automatically and re-login, how to adjust the time?

Hello

-Version: 5.2.780 (Amazon AWS)

I noticed that when a stream takes a long time, it is stopped automatically. When i refresh the page ("Media Devices") i have to login again.
As this is annoying (and i don't see that the stream is stopped from the "Media Devices" screen since the status is not updated) the question is how i can either adjust the time for that or turn it of completely?

Best,
Thomas

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
I noticed that when a stream takes a long time, it is stopped automatically.
Please clarify how do you streaming: publishing a stream as WebRTC from webcam, capturing RTSP stream from some RTSP server, anything else? What exactly is stopped: stream publishing or stream playback?
Please also check Two Way streaming example, it will show the diagnostic message if stream is stopped.
When i refresh the page ("Media Devices") i have to login again.
You don't need to login again. Usually, It's enough to reconnect a session using Connect/Disconnect button, or republish the stream using Stop/Publish button. If websocket connection breaks often, this probably means a bad channel quality from your PC to server. In this case, use a closest EC2 region to you. Also, check your last mile, change the network to more stable (mobile 4G to Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi to wired connection).

I am using a webcam to stream to Flashphoner which then streams to a website (all using WebRTC).

Ill have to check again whats stopped, the customers report the stream beeing stopped. On the "Media devices" page, the websocket state is still "CONNECTED" and the stream status still "PUBLISHING". When i hit f5 then (stopping and starting the stream or the websocket didn't help) brings me back to the login page

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Ill have to check again whats stopped, the customers report the stream beeing stopped. On the "Media devices" page, the websocket state is still "CONNECTED" and the stream status still "PUBLISHING".
Please check if stream is stopped when you're playing this stream. If not, this is customers channel problem, and auto reconnect should help.
If yes, collect a report as described here including client debug logs and traffic dump at server side as described here. Note that traffic dump collection must be started before stream publishing. Send report archive and traffic dump file using this private form.