Switch streaming content

whitedragonking

Hi team,

I want to switch streaming from capture screen to camera and reverse for Android SDK, is there anyway to do it smoothly with same session ? Or it have to do with stop stream and re-config the stream options again then publish it, because I think it will cause quite long delay before can show up again.

Thank you

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day
I want to switch streaming from capture screen to camera and reverse for Android SDK, is there anyway to do it smoothly with same session ?
You can try to publish both stream from camera and screen sharing stream (this requires a foreground service to capture screen) and play them in a different views at player side. But when the application goes to background, stream from camera may be stopped, so you may need to get the application to foreground again to republish it.

whitedragonking

Thank you for your reply,
Btw I have another question
The app working well with the old flow, but when I've changed the process as the demand
1700635515874.png

it caused the error
1700635459659.png

All the data to make the connection is ready, and everything for streaming are in the same class.
Do you know the root cause of this then help me.

Thank you so much

whitedragonking

Hi Max,
I tried to follow the instruction but still stuck, could you help me to explain more how to get the CA cert or any suggestion for making the connection, is this problem can solved only from FE, the BE said this did not come from them ? Because I do not have knowledge about the cert and the connections, just trying to make the connection from my app to the wss provided server.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
If this is your own server, you should register a domain, buy a valid certificate for it and import to WCS server: Import SSL certificates using web interface (or generate with LetsEncrypt: Receiving and importing Let's Encrypt SSL certificate).
If this is a third party server (but you have admin access to WCS), you should get a valid certificate for server domain from server owner and import it. If you have no admin access to WCS server, ask the owner to import domain certificate.
In this case you usually don't need to add any certificates to application resources.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Yo can also connect to the server using non-secure websocket URL: ws://wcs:8080. In this case, you don't need to import SSL certificate to the server. This is recommended for testing purposes only.