WCS at 100% CPU, streaming doesn't work anymore

dkroov0

Hi,
I'm running the latest version of WCS and right when I start it up it sends the CPU to 100% and it stays there.
I have a camera that used to stream fine but now it doesn't stream through WCS at all- the player says "failed" around 20 seconds after clicking on it.
The server can ping the camera as always and I can use the stream in VLC on my computer with no problem so I'm confused as to what could be causing this.
Would appreciate some assistance!
D

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Please clarify: is the CPU loaded to 100% while there is no any publisher or subscriber connected to server?
If yes, the possible reason is Java machine used. Please check Java version. If you are using latest JDK 8 build or JDK 11, please update to JDK 12 or 14 as described here (steps 1-4).

dkroov0

Thanks Max, Java was out of date and that's fixed the CPU issue.

I uninstalled and reinstalled WCS with the latest release after updating Java, but this still hasn't fixed my streaming issue. I'm still able to stream directly with VLC but not with WCS.

Any thoughts? I sent my logs to the support@ email a few days ago if that helps.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, the SSH tunnel to the camera is not accessible (it asks no password, but stopt on public key):
1613709594046.png

Please provide us actual credentials or public link to the camera using this private form

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We tested your RTSP link with the latest WCS build 5.2.901.
It seems to be playing successfully:
1613799042966.png

(the address on screenshot is local SSH tunnel to your camera)
So please update WCS and check. If update does not help, please provide SSH access to your server using this form.