WCS update while still using old client?

marcw

Hello!

I want to update my WCS from version 5.2.591 to 5.2.1031. The reason is that I also want to let it work on iPhones now since Apple implemented the necessary webview technics. My problem is that I have a very(!) adjusted JS client (version 0.5.28.2747). The worst case would be that I have to rewrite all the JS adjustments into the corresponding current client. But I would like to prevent that. So my question is: Is it possible to implement JS code into my old client to make it work with WCS 5.2.1031? Or are there older WCS/Clients available which where the updated iOS webview is supported but the JS code is not so far different then the basic of my used client?

Best regards
Marc

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Or are there older WCS/Clients available which where the updated iOS webview is supported but the JS code is not so far different then the basic of my used client?
You can try to use Web SDK build 0.5.28.2753.153 which contains a fix for Safari 14.0.2 on Mac OS Bug Sur publishing issue.
But if you want the code to work in iOS webview, you should use at least build 2.0.171 which contains latest fixes for that. So we recommend to update your custom code to latest WebSDK builds.