Web call Server question. It can not run sample on other pc

FrankHung

Dear Sir:
I have install your trial version. I have two questions as below.
Question 1:
I have done the demo and run greate on same Linux pc(that run web call server).
You can see attached file 1.jpg and 2.jpg.
But I can not run same sample on other pc. You can see 3.jpg and 4.jpg

Question 2:
Is need to run on https? (src='https://slot888.idv.tw:8888/embed_player?)

Attachments

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Please check if your WCS server is avalable (answered to ping etc) from other your client PCs. Check also if all the necessary ports are open on your WCS server.
And yes, HTTPS is required in most cases (in modern browsers stream publishing even does not work via insecure connections).

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
If you cannot import an SSL certificate using the web interface, you can use the keytool instead as described here.

FrankHung

Good day Sir:
Now I can run web call server trial version well but I run the video on the web for 2~4 hours then it miss video. I need click play again, How can I run the video for long long time?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello.
Check server log files on the moment when stream playback stops. Usually, some IP cameras or another stream sources can stop transferring media data or stop responding on keep alive requests. If you experiencing any problems with logs analysis, collect debud logs as described here and send it to support@flashphoner.com, we will check.
A possible solution is to modify Embed Player source code to automatically resume stream playback when it failed.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello.
Please set the following parameter in flashphoner.properties file
Code:
rtp_activity_detecting=false,60
Seems like your RTMP stream source periodically stops sending media data, and WCS closes connection by RTP activity timer. But, if you disable this timer, and your RTMP stream source will never send any media data again, it will look like eternal freeze.
So we recommend you either to configure your RTMP stream source properly or to modify Embed Player source code to restart stream playback automatically as described in this thread, for example.

FrankHung

Hello:
I set the file as below and please check is it right?

# Config flashphoner.properties
# To get more settings:
# ssh -p 2001 admin@localhost
# default password: admin
# show node-settings
# show node-settings | grep port

#server ip
ip =218.161.32.66
ip_local =192.168.1.17

#webrtc ports range
media_port_from =31001
media_port_to =32000

#codecs
codecs =opus,alaw,ulaw,g729,speex16,g722,mpeg4-generic,telephone-event,h264,vp8,flv,mpv
codecs_exclude_sip =mpeg4-generic,flv,mpv
codecs_exclude_streaming =flv,telephone-event
codecs_exclude_sip_rtmp =opus,g729,g722,mpeg4-generic,vp8,mpv

#websocket ports
ws.port =8080
wss.port =8443

rtp_activity_detecting=false,60

FrankHung

1.I can play video on android and PC, but on iPhone see loading circle always, How to set it?
2. If I need use CDN service then What detial I need to set?
3. Can I limit 1~3 viewer only for one streaming. For example: If mutil viewer see my streaming at same time then my bandwidth will lost to much so I need to limit it.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Frank.
1.I can play video on android and PC, but on iPhone see loading circle always, How to set it?
What iOS and browser version do you use on iPhone? Did you check stream blayback via HLS in HLS player example?
2. If I need use CDN service then What detial I need to set?
Please read CDN documentation for setup and tuning details.
3. Can I limit 1~3 viewer only for one streaming. For example: If mutil viewer see my streaming at same time then my bandwidth will lost to much so I need to limit it.
Please read REST hooks documentation. On this page, you will find the /connect REST hook implementation example for authorizing users by domain, with full PHP script source code. If you want to limit stream subscribers, you have to implement /playStream REST hook that should return 403 Forbidden to all new subscribers when 3 viewers are already playnig the stream.

FrankHung

Hello Max:
I use CloudFlare's Service but they only support https prots as below
For my example:
<iframe id='fp_embed_player' src='https://www.slot888.idv.tw:8888/embed_player?urlServer=wss://www.slot888.idv.tw:8443&streamName=
rtmp://slot888.idv.tw:1935/live/huga1&mediaProviders=
WebRTC,Flash,MSE,WSPlayer
' marginwidth='0' marginheight='0'
frameborder='0' width='100%' height='100%' scrolling='no'
allowfullscreen='allowfullscreen'></iframe>

Could I change port 8888 to these?

Frank

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, Frank.
Could I change port 8888 to these?
Yes, you should set the following parameter in WCS_HOME/conf/wcs-manager.properties file
Code:
-Dmanager.https_port=443
By default, it is set to 8888 and commented with '#' character in the file, so you should uncomment it before you make change.

FrankHung

Good Day Sir:
I use CloudFlare with DNS and CDN service then my flashphoner.properties as below:
But when I open CDN service(CloudFlare) then I can not see the streaming on browser.
Can you tell me how to setting it?

# Config flashphoner.properties
# To get more settings:
# ssh -p 2001 admin@localhost
# default password: admin
# show node-settings
# show node-settings | grep port

#server ip
#ip =218.161.32.66
ip =slot888.idv.tw
ip_local =192.168.1.17

#webrtc ports range
media_port_from =31001
media_port_to =32000

#codecs
codecs =opus,alaw,ulaw,g729,speex16,g722,mpeg4-generic,telephone-event,h264,vp8,flv,mpv
codecs_exclude_sip =mpeg4-generic,flv,mpv
codecs_exclude_streaming =flv,telephone-event
codecs_exclude_sip_rtmp =opus,g729,g722,mpeg4-generic,vp8,mpv

#websocket ports
ws.port =8080
wss.port =8443

#CDN
cdn_enabled=true
cdn_ip=slot888.idv.tw
cdn_point_of_entry=slot888.idv.tw
cdn_nodes_resolve_ip=true
cdn_role=origin

Max

Administrator
Staff member
But when I open CDN service(CloudFlare) then I can not see the streaming on browser
Please clarify:
1. You publish a stream on Origin server (cdn_point_of_entry)
2. You cannot play this stream from Origin server or
3. You cannot play this stream from Edge server (some other WCS instance that set up as Edge)?