WebRTC Player doesn't play sound in Microsoft Edge

sk777

We are using the latest version of the software and streaming from Chrome using WebRTC. The standard embed_player works in all major browsers except in Microsoft Edge. In Edge, we see the video. But we cannot hear the audio. Is it a known limitation?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello
What is version of WCS server?
Version of Edge browser?
We can't reproduce this behavior on our Edge. Please provide your configuration. We will update for testing.

sk777

Flashphoner: 0.5.25.2455 - 5.0.2556
Edge: 40.15063.674.0 (Windows 10 Pro)
I will also try applying Windows updates

sk777

Found the issue. Nothing to do with version. Edge seems to send playback sound to "Default Communication Device" (my headphone), instead of my "Default Device". I went to Sound control dialog in windows and got rid of my default communication device and now it plays correctly. Interestingly, if I use Flash or WS Player, sound plays through my Default Device in Edge even when I have a different communication device set. This behavior only happens in Edge.

samskinner

I have a similar issue with Microsoft EDGE. As in your case, it has nothing to do with the version. However, I have tried to fix it just like you have done, and nothing seems to work out. I have even tried to reinstall Microsoft EDGE, but nothing has changed. I have done that four times, and I still don't have any sound. At last, I have decided to visit site and see if the issue might get solved if I download it from another store. And you know what? It actually worked out! I got it from another software store, and everything works fine now.

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I have a similar issue with Microsoft EDGE. As in your case, it has nothing to do with the version. However, I have tried to fix it just like you have done, and nothing seems to work out.
Microsoft dropped support for Legacy Edge. We recommend to use Chromium Edge for WebRTC publish/playback, it works just like Chrome (on which is based).