Call Kit and Flashphoner

andrew.n

Context: We have to add a new feature to our app, to support video streaming calls between 2 users. Same as Skype/Messanger but only for 2 users (no group support yet)

As I understood, both Skype and Messanger use Call Kit to properly handle communication between multiple apps that supports calling using VoIP.
I run the TwoWayStreaming demo project but it just handles the use case when the app is in the foreground.

My questions:
1) I want to be sure that using "TwoWayStreaming" is the best approach that we need for now.
2) How can I use Flashphone with Call Kit, in case the phone is blocked and the user receives a call, how I can handle that, same as I can do with VoIP?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
1) I want to be sure that using "TwoWayStreaming" is the best approach that we need for now.
Yes
2) How can I use Flashphone with Call Kit, in case the phone is blocked and the user receives a call, how I can handle that, same as I can do with VoIP?
Flashphoner SDK provides WebRTC streaming tools only. Even for SIP calls, it is WebRTC under the hood, SIP leg works on server side.
So you can try to integrate TwoWayStreaming example with Call Kit as Skype developers do with their own code.

andrew.n

Thank you Max for your response. We manage to integrate Call Kit using PushKit as well, but I want to know if there are any guidelines to integrate FlashPhoner with the flow that we have with Call Kit.
First, we have a small issue that if the phone is blocked and the user responds, we have to establish the connection only for voice call and if the user taps on "Video" from the native UI, then we can open the app and launch the video streaming.
Any advice is welcomed :)

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello

You would need to use push notifications.
This is how it works.

1. User has established Websocket connection to the server.
2. User locked his device. Connection closed.
4. User received push notification.
5. User pressed 'Answer'.
6. User has established a new connection and start publishing / playback stream.

Regarding Call Kit. We never tested this.