I followed the document and deployed the setup. I am not sure how to set up SSL on the edge as domain is linked with the external IP of the load balancer. I have normally used the cert-auto tool and certified the domain using letsencrypt, download the pem files, and upload them using the admin.
Sorry, we missed this moment in doc. You should set up SSL right after creation of Origin and Edge instances:
1. Create server instance
2. Install, configure and start WCS
3. Get the SSL certificate and import it to WCS. It is recommender to use wildcard domain certificate.
Then you prepare Edge disk image which will contain certificates with other Edge settings
We do not recommend to use Lets'Encrypt in this case because it requires to renew certificates every 3 months, so you have to stop all the instance group, update Edge disk image and start instance group again.
The second question is, I used the console application and generated the load, after 80% cpu a new instance was created but no traffic was going to it.
This is the load balancer issue. It uses Client IP and protocol to bind requests from one client to one server. So you have to test from two different IPs to make sure requests go to a new instance.
I used to http://wcs-edge-1:8888/?action=stat
to see the webrtc connections. I generated pull streams of 1000 but it was never going above 400
The default media ports range (31001-32000) allows no more than 400 WebRTC connections. So you have to expand this range, update project firewall rules and Edge disk image.
To update Edge disk image, you should:
1. Disable autoscaling and delete all instances from instance group
2. Delete Edge disk image
2. Start Edge instance from which this image was created (let's name it master Edge instance)
3. Expand media ports range (or update some other Edge settings)
4. Stop Edge instance
5. Create new Edge disk image
6. Enable autoscaling of instance group
The procedure is the same for updating Edge settings or SSL certificates