Conference record policy template

djuka

Hi,
1) I use property 'stream_record_policy_template' for my stream recordings on the WCS.
Is there a similar parameter to determine the conference recording filename template?

2) Is it possible to determine the different recording directory for conference recordings and not to use 'record_dir' as a parameter, since I already
use that one for stream recordings and I want to record conference recordings on another disk.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
1) I use property 'stream_record_policy_template' for my stream recordings on the WCS.
Is there a similar parameter to determine the conference recording filename template?
The parameter stream_record_policy_template is applied to any multiple stream recording file, including room recording. So you can use it, but with soem known limits. Please read details here.
2) Is it possible to determine the different recording directory for conference recordings and not to use 'record_dir' as a parameter, since I already
use that one for stream recordings and I want to record conference recordings on another disk.
We raised the ticket WCS-3347 to add this setting. As workaround, you can modify bin/on_multiple_record_hook.sh script to move file as needed.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Since build 5.2.1088, multiple streams recording folder can be set using the following parameter
Code:
multi_record_dir=/opt/media
Note that this folder should be writable, for example:
Code:
sudo chmod o+w /opt/media