Control when a stop sign

brunoibac

Hello.
How could I control to open several rtsp signals during a certain period and if any stops, do I need to register with a bank for notification control?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
You can use REST API to check if RTSP stream is running or stopped, and start to capture it again when it stopped.

brunoibac

Hello, but is there a webhook that informs me when these connections are dropped or do I need to make a loop to keep asking the API all the time?

brunoibac

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I couldn't understand where I configure or create the endpoint that will receive the response so I can handle it.
You should deploy a web server (Apache or nginx) with PHP module for example. Then you should make a PHP script that handles a REST hooks needed on the endpoint http://host/rest-hooks/. And, finally, you should configure WCS to call to this endpoint.
Please read a step by step example which implements a REST hook /connect to authenticate users by domain.
Would it be standard, will it respond to the same domain/IP that I call the API that opens the signal? today I open using my MY_IP/rtsp/startup
Yes, you can deploy a web server on the same host as WCS. Please make sure WCS and web server use a different ports in this case.