Embed text/images overlay in live stream video

amardeep

Hi Team,

I have a requirement where we need to embed texts/images in a live stream video on the fly.

Do the API provide such a facility? Can you please share the documentation link for the same?

I have attached the image with text as well as image containing the logo/price. We need to embed this on a live stream video dynamically.

Please suggest!

Thanks,
Amardeep

Attachments

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
We're working on adding custom overlay images (background, logo) in ticket WCS-2622. Note that such functions usually requires transcoding, so server configuration update will need.
We'll let you know in this topics when release the new functions.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Since build 5.2.693 watermark (logo) can be applied while creating transcoder with REST API, please see details here.

TylerFryer

Hi. I want to know if you managed to realize your plan? I want to make a similar video of my research, but I can't implement it in real time.

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hi. I want to know if you managed to realize your plan? I want to make a similar video, but I can't implement it in real time.
If you need to add custom image to stream, you should update WCS to latest build and do the following:
1) Place an image in PNG format to some folder on WCS server, /opt/media/Test.png for example
2) Publish a stream named stream1 for example
3) Create a transcoder using REST API query
Code:
POST /rest-api/transcoder/startup HTTP/1.1
HOST: 192.168.1.101:8081
content-type: application/json

{
    "uri": "transcoder://tcode1",
    "remoteStreamName": "stream1",
    "localStreamName": "stream1_with_watermark",
    "encoder": {
        "width": 640,
        "height": 480,
        "watermark": "/opt/media/Test.png"
    }
}
Please set width and height parameters according to stream1 resolution
4) Play the stream stream1_with_watermark. You'll see image from Test.png added to stream picture.