Failed by DTLS error

ajaxkulkarni

New Member
Hello.
I am getting failed by DTLS error intermittently. The code works well from desktop browsers (Chrome and Firefox) bur fails in Android Chrome and Firefox.
I am using TLS version 1.2 on my server.
Please help me solve this issue. It's impacting our business big time.
 

ajaxkulkarni

New Member
By default DTLS 1.2 is used for all browsers.
Code:
dtls_force_version_0 = false
You can force DTLS 1.0 for old browsers listed in WCS_HOME/conf/dtls0_ua
It's intermittently failing from Android Mobile Chrome browser. Works well with Desktop chrome. My mobile chrome browser version is latest (81) which supports DTLS 1.2. It works on some other Android devices.
Tried changing 'dtls_force_version_0' to true /false with no luck.
Can you guide me as to what I can do more to troubleshoot.

This is the ERROR message I get -
DtlsError - Stun-Clbk-thread udp//172.104.47.180:31004 User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 9; POCO F1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.138 Mobile Safari/537.36; alert level: 2; alert description: 80; message: null
 
Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
alert level: 2; alert description: 80;
This means DTLS connection is not established by some handshake failure (usually due to packet loss).
Please revert dtls_force_version_0 to default state (set
Code:
dtls_force_version_0=false
or just remove the parameter from flashphoner.properties
Then, set the following parameter
Code:
dtls_close_socket_after_tries=30
to increase DTLS connection establishing tries count, it should help in this case.
 

ajaxkulkarni

New Member
This means DTLS connection is not established by some handshake failure (usually due to packet loss).
Please revert dtls_force_version_0 to default state (set
Code:
dtls_force_version_0=false
or just remove the parameter from flashphoner.properties
Then, set the following parameter
Code:
dtls_close_socket_after_tries=30
to increase DTLS connection establishing tries count, it should help in this case.
Tried this and did not work.
Could it be related to SSL as we use open SSL on our server. The TLS version is 1.2.
 

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Please try to use another network from mobile device (Wi-Fi instead of 3G), preferably the same network as desktop from which publishing works.
If switching to another network does not help please collect a report as described here including traffic dump on server side, then send it to support@flashphoner.com, we will check.
 

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We checked your logs.
Seems like you've set DTLS 1.0 explicitly for Android devices. Please remove dtls0_ua file or rename backup:
Code:
mv -f dtls0_ua_bkp dtls0_ua
then restart server.
 
Last edited:

ajaxkulkarni

New Member
We checked your logs.
Seems like you've set DTLS 1.0 explicitly for Android devices. Please remove dtls0_ua file or rename backup:
Code:
mv -f dtls0_ua_bkp dtls0_ua
then restart server.
Hi Max,
I tried what you said and removed the dtls0_ua file and restarted the server. Still I get the same error.
Here's how my config folder looks now -

1590579566082.png
 
Top