Gstreamer-RTMP

blueox

I'm lost. I have a gstreamer pipeline that works successfully into VLC, ANT Media, and Wowza. But Flashphoner won't seem to connect. What am I doing wrong?

gst-launch-1.0 -e -v nvarguscamerasrc sensor-id=0 ee-mode=0 sensor-mode=1 ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=(int)1280, height=(int)720, format=(string)NV12, framerate=(fraction)30/1' ! nvvidconv ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=(string)I420' ! omxh264enc control-rate=2 bitrate=4000000 ! 'video/x-h264, stream-format=(string)byte-stream' ! h264parse ! flvmux ! rtmpsink location='rtmp://192.168.168.206/ASTROVideoStreaming/888115455150638179005101 live=1' &

I have tried entering the URL, split between RTMP URL and Stream fields, with no success.
I read once that you should enter the entire stream url into the Stream field, but it says "FAILED" as soon as I click play.
What syntax should I enter in Flashphoner to get it to receive this local RTMP stream?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Please see this doc about RTMP publishing to WCS with ffmpeg. The RTMP URL should include server address, port and stream name, for example
Code:
rtmp://test1.flashphoner.com:1935/live/stream_gstreamer
If the stream you've published cannot be played from WCS as WebRTC, please collect a report as described here including client debug logs and traffic dump. The traffic dump collection should be started before publishing RTMP. Send the report using this form.

Last edited:

blueox

Thank you, Max. As it turns out, my server was not listening for incoming connections properly... I had a couple of other media-server applications installed and there must have been a conflict. I cleaned up my system, reinstalled WCS, and the video is streaming properly.

One follow-on question, however: Latency seems to be 2-3 seconds over local WiFi (whereas VLC plays at approx 200ms latency). Do I have something configured wrong, or is this what I should expect?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
One follow-on question, however: Latency seems to be 2-3 seconds over local WiFi (whereas VLC plays at approx 200ms latency). Do I have something configured wrong, or is this what I should expect?
Please clarify how do you play the stream in VLC? Are gstreamer and VLC launched on the same host?
RTMP is based on TCP, so 2-3 seconds latency is normal if you publish an RTMP stream to server and play it via WebRTC.

blueox

Gstreamer initiated the stream on my host machine; VLC is running on an adjacent server (the same box that is running FP).
I changed the configuration to stream RTSP and latency is now at ~0.1 second.

Thank you for your support. I have it up and running, and performing well.

Cheers!