How to configure Origin ASG using CDN2.x.

sangsoo

Hello.
The Edge server has already been configured with Amazon ASG.
Origin also wants to configure ASG in case the publish stream increases.
See the document below.
-https://docs.flashphoner.com/display/WCS52EN/CDN+2.0#CDN2.0-TwoOriginserversconfigurationexample

In the sample, there are 1st origin server (origin1.flashponer.com) and 2nd origin server (origin2.flashponer.com).
For the second origin server, cdn_point_of_entry was set as the first origin server. Are there concepts of Master(1st) and Slave(2st)?
If the first origin server is stopped, does this configuration generate an error?

I am wondering if I need to launch EC2 instances separately from the 1st origin, and configure only 2 to N origins as the ASG.
How do I set up cdn before creating the origin AMI?
I would like to know the recommended Origin ASG configuration method.

Likewise, is it possible to configure ASG with Transcoder and Controller?

Thanks.
Best Regards.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
For the second origin server, cdn_point_of_entry was set as the first origin server. Are there concepts of Master(1st) and Slave(2st)?
The cdn_point_of_entry defines a server to which the node must connect for the first time to enter CDN.
When some CDN node is started, it should receive current CDN nodes list to establish signaling connections with all of them. So, the first signaling connection will be established with point of entry. By default, TCP port 8084 is used for signaling purposes.
The entry point node even may have another role, Origin is not mandatory. The only requirement to entry point node is to be available when another node starts.
If the first origin server is stopped, does this configuration generate an error?
No. But origin2 will not see any CDN nodes on which origin1 is set as point of entry until origin1 starts.
I would like to know the recommended Origin ASG configuration method.
You shoud have a separate Origin (or another kind) server as CDN entry point, this node must start first, before all the nodes go up. Another CDN nodes can be in autoscaling groups: Origins, Transcoders, Edges.
Likewise, is it possible to configure ASG with Transcoder and Controller?
The Controller is a special node, it should be one per CDN group, so it preferrably should be a separate node.

sangsoo

Thanks for reply.

I see. I misunderstood cdn_point_of_entry as a definition for origin only.

I'll clean it up again.
1. Construct Origin A ("origin1.flashponer.com") as a CDN entry point
2. Origin ASG (set “Origin A” as the entry point), ELB domain is configured as “originasg.flashponer.com”
3. When publishing, use "originasg.flashphoner.com"

-If the origin A server is not responding, the CDN node to which it belongs is unavailable (invisible)
-Origin A server recovery should take measures by itself (try to run a spare server instead using cdn enforce_state).
Is that right?

Can I use the controller as an entry point?
Thank you.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
-If the origin A server is not responding, the CDN node to which it belongs is unavailable (invisible)
If the Origin A is not responding when some CDN node is starting, this node could not connect to CDN and become invisible. When, however, Origin A responds again, this node connects to it and become visible.
-Origin A server recovery should take measures by itself (try to run a spare server instead using cdn enforce_state).
The only recovery way for entry point is to start it as soon as possible. However, the probability of simultaneous CDN entry point failure and new CDN node start is very low.
Can I use the controller as an entry point?
Yes