I cannot play rtmp from one of my servers

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Please provide more details:
- what WCS build do you use?
- how do you publish a stream which fails to play as RTMP?
Please also reproduce the issue and collect a report as described here including a problem stream name, then send it using this form.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We checked your report. For futher reports, please use report.sh script to collect all files needed.
Unfortunately, we do not see any playback tries for stream nat that you've marked as problem in report comments. Only publishing present in logs.
Also, seems like this stream publishing is failed due to audio RTP activity. This means there is no audio traffic in stream which is published as audio+video. The possible reason is publishing channel issues. Please publish a lower resolution/bitrate, or change network from mobile to Wi-Fi or cable connection.
So you cannot play a stream because it's failed to publish.
Please note that you're publishing VP8 and trying to play as RTMP, so it will enable transoding VP8->H264 and Opus->AAC on server.
Also note that accr=ording to your configuration you should play streams as RTMP from the server using RTMP URL rtmp://server:1935/live/streamName. You 've used a different URL on screenshot, in this case server will not estalish RTMP connection, so ffmpeg will fail.

nathvela

Only publishing present in logs.
=> Maybe because it errors before issuing any play comand because it says rtmp server sent error.

Also, seems like this stream publishing is failed due to audio RTP activity. This means there is no audio traffic in stream which is published as audio+video. The possible reason is publishing channel issues. Please publish a lower resolution/bitrate, or change network from mobile to Wi-Fi or cable connection. So you cannot play a stream because it's failed to publish.
=> I can play this stream in the example player from the dashboard. So it is successfully publishing.

Please note that you're publishing VP8 and trying to play as RTMP, so it will enable transoding VP8->H264 and Opus->AAC on server.
Also note that accr=ording to your configuration you should play streams as RTMP from the server using RTMP URL rtmp://server:1935/live/streamName. You 've used a different URL on screenshot, in this case server will not estalish RTMP connection, so ffmpeg will fail.
=> I am able to play rtmp from another one of my servers with the same url scheme I am using so why not from this server?

Update: I have also updated to the latest version of the software but I still get the same result. I cannot play RTMP at all

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We checked your server.
Seems like you've tried to update WCS to the latest build, but you've not stopped previous WCS process. Also, your server have 251 Gb RAM, and you've trying to launch WCS with Java Heap 220 Gb and Wowza with Java heap 200 Gb simultaneously. The sum 220 + 200 is more than 251, so this configuration cannot run as expected. Also, Wowza occupies RTMP port 1935, so streams cannot be played from WCS because it cannot bind this port.
So, we recommend the following:
1. Stop WCS manually
Code:
pkill java
2. Set Java heap for WCS to 1/2 of server RAM
Code:
-Xmx=100g
-Xms=100g
3. Set the proper file access permissions before restarting WCS
Code:
/usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/bin/webcallserver set-permissions
4. Clean old WCS logs
Code:
rm -rf /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/logs/*
5. Restart WCS
Code:
systemctl restart webcallserver
6. Do not start Wowza on the same server! Consider migration to another server instance. If, however, you prefer to run WCS and Wowza on the same server simultaneously, do the following:
6.1. Upgrade the server to at least 400 Gb RAM
6.2. Set Java heap for Wowza to 100 Gb
6.3. Set Wowza RTMP port to something different from 1935.
In this case, streams should be played from WCS as RTMP.