MCU Client RTMP : INTERNAL SERVER ERROR

darndt

I'm running the MCU client example:

Seems to work nicely, but where / how can I see the output mosaic published through RTMP? I do not see any docs explaining where to find this on Flashphone's site.

Support told me to issue a post to publish to a given RTMP server, but it does not work. From support:

"... you can republish room1 stream to your RTMP endpoint using REST API query

POST /rest-api/push/startup HTTP/1.1
Host: demo.flashphoner.com:8081
Content-Type: application/json

{
"streamName": "mystream",
"rtmpUrl":"rtmp://myserver.com/my-stream-key",
"rtmpTransponderFullUrl": true,
"rtmpFlashVersion": "LNX 76.219.189.0"
}"

I'm not understanding what "streamName" should be (the room id?)... but when I post this with PostMan, I get a 500 internal server error:

{"exception":"com.flashphoner.rest.server.exception.InternalErrorException","reason":"com.flashphoner.rest.server.exception.InternalErrorException, Internal Server Error, null, ts: 1634748375852, path: /rest-api/push/startup/","path":"/rest-api/push/startup/","error":"Internal Server Error","message":null,"timestamp":1634748375852,"status":500}

The whole point of this service is to consolidate a "room" with multiple participants into a composite mosaic to be broadcast in real time via RTMP. So why does the demo NOT include a server to see the result? Anyone have any experience with this... or the error above?

Thanks.

darndt

I also tried the post sending the parameters in JSON in the payload. But it still fails. Help!

{
"streamName": "mystream",
"rtmpUrl": "rtmp://live.volume.com/live-origin/stream-key",
"rtmpTransponderFullUrl": true
}

darndt

For anyone interested in seeing this work:

I was able to get the RTMP publishing working by issuing the POST with the arguments as a raw text JSON payload, like this:

{
"streamName": "dwaroom",
"rtmpUrl": "rtmp://live.volume.com/live-origin/stream-key",
"rtmpTransponderFullUrl": true
}

That was apparently the whole issue.

So the whole setup in Postman, looks like this:

1634752344699.png

Attachments

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
I was able to get the RTMP publishing working by issuing the POST with the arguments as a raw text JSON payload, like this:
Yes, WCS REST API supports request body in JSON form only. Please read details here
You should also use header
Code:
Content-Type: application/json
This is the working example of /push/startup REST API query using curl
Code:
curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST http://localhost:9091/rest-api/push/startup -d '{"streamName": "dwaroom ", "rtmpUrl": "rtmp://live.volume.com/live-origin/stream-key", "rtmpTransponderFullUrl": true}'
as we recommended in this topic.