Mixer Layout Stream Labeling

johntherio

Hi, we just tested your mixer ( mcu client ) and rest api. It is fine, unfortunately we can not find to put label to the stream such as zoom does.

How can we add this ?
Or can we know the layout merge strategy at client side. As we see, every user see the same layout but we dont know which participant where ?
even if we add them to the merge by an order, it seems it put them random

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Currently, the mixer does not support any text labelling. We working on new realtime mixer implementation (ticket WCS-2635) which will allow this.
As workaround, you can try to use custom mixer layout as described here
Another option is to use RoomApi without stream mixing which is described here. This is suitable for small video chats up to 10 participants with 240p streams.

johntherio

Hi Max thanks for the reply. For huge audince & mobile we can not use sfu mode, there will be 15-20 active participant with cameras, so it seems best way to merge them. However if we know the order the labeling no problem, I can put text on video with basic calculation. I'll give a try custom layout but I can't see the class methods arguments etc.
Is there any eclipse or other ide plugin that help me to develop custom plugin to your webserver like wowza do ?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello

Currently we don't have IDE for server-side development.
In fact it is core Java development and you can use any IDE, i.e. Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA.
Perhaps we will record a short screen-cast lesson how to use IDE for Mixer Layout extension.
We will write to this thread once it is complete.

Saimir

Hello,
we too also very interested in developing custom layouts.
I join the request.
It would also be great to be able to insert overlay images ...

Thank you,
Saimir

johntherio

Hello

Currently we don't have IDE for server-side development.
In fact it is core Java development and you can use any IDE, i.e. Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA.
Perhaps we will record a short screen-cast lesson how to use IDE for Mixer Layout extension.
We will write to this thread once it is complete.
Hello max, actually I can see that its basic java file but I mean that
for having ability that which interface has which method, ( ie wowza plugins, when I create a class and implement an interface it shows us which method has to be implemented )
I mean this actually.

Also in mcu we have performance issue, if we dont use any buffer,
some of video disappear, Drop video frame from mixer's buffer on ready check error showing in logs.

when we add the buffer about 200 ms, then for 6-10 concurrent stream in mixer latency increasing 6 seconds :S

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Hello max, actually I can see that its basic java file but I mean that
for having ability that which interface has which method
We raised internat ticket WCS-2655 to update a ccustom mixer layout documentation and let you know in this topic when this will be done.
Also in mcu we have performance issue
Current MCU mixer implementation is not fully intended for realtime mixing and strongly depends on incoming streams channel quality. We're working on realtime mixer in ticket WCS-2635.

johntherio

Hi thanks for the documentation. How about the mcu mixer reworking ? did you finish your job ? I didnt see any new release ?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
We released real-time MCU mixer in build 5.2.607. The new mixer is described here. Please try it, we'll wait for feedback.

Saimir

Hi Max,
thanks for the update.
I'm testing the Realtime Mixer with the labels.
I have some questions:
- Is there any way to remove the room name and the "#"?
- Can I activate and deactivate labeling for individual mixers (perhaps via API)?

I'm trying to integrate the mixer with the canvas streaming with good results.
I take this opportunity to ask you how I can manage my webcam with the canvas, in fact if I activate the audio I have an echo problem. Is there any way to insert my webcam into the canvas with audio?

Thank you

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
- Is there any way to remove the room name and the "#"?
Please set the following parameter to disable stream captions:
Code:
mixer_display_stream_name=false
- Can I activate and deactivate labeling for individual mixers (perhaps via API)?
No, this cannot be done yet for individual mixers.
I take this opportunity to ask you how I can manage my webcam with the canvas, in fact if I activate the audio I have an echo problem. Is there any way to insert my webcam into the canvas with audio?
You can capture webcam and microphone in browser to local video element as described here, then capture video and audio from this element as described here