RTSP - No Codecs Found

LucasClarkson

I'm trying to stream RTSP to Web RTC and I'm seeing a failure in the logs saying "No codecs found". I have already tried updating Flashphoner to the latest version, but that didn't help. Also, I'm getting the RTSP stream from this Docker container: aler9/rtsp-simple-server

Any help is appreciated!

LucasClarkson

Hi, I switched to H.264, but I am now seeing a different problem. The stream claims to be established, and then playing, but the video player remains gray. No video is streamed. I posted a new report and tcp dump. Any help is appreciated!

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like bit stream from RTSP camera is broken, or WCS cannot parse it correctly. We raised the ticket WCS-3271 to investigate this. Will let you know results here.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We checked the stream in the dump provided. VLC cannot play this stream: displaying only one frame in the beginning and one frame in the end of the stream. Please check if the stream is playing correctly in VLC. If yes, and there are no errors in VLC log, please collect a traffic dump on VLC side and send using this form.

LucasClarkson

Sorry for the delay. I sent a Wireshark capture of the traffic when playing the stream in VLC, which works. Attached here are the errors in the VLC logs, but again, the stream still plays.

Attachments

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
About the ticket WCS-3271. We fixed the issue in build 5.2.1045, RTSP stream from dump you've provided is playing successfully.