RTSP Video Stream doesnt work

heini

I installed Flashphoner on an Ubuntu sever.
I want to stream a RTSP Stream from a Reolink IP Camera with the player. Sadly I always get the message “FAILED“ without any explanations. The stream works fine with VLC and the code is H264

The URI is:
rtsp://user:mASs@192.168.1.130:554/h264Preview_01_sub
I encoded it to:
rtsp://user:mASs@192.168.1.130:554/h264Preview%5F01%5Fsub

The second Camera I tried is from instar. The code is H264.
The Uri is:
rtsp://user:mASs@192.168.1.135:554/11

Same error. Just a plain “FAILED“. Maybe its an important information, that the “Failed” comes instantly after pressing the Start button.
Do you have any idea what the error could be?

Thanks!

Edit: i added the server log
flash.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello

Take a look at Chrome DevTools Console and Chrome Security

1616694926396.png

If you have SSL issues you can try to open page https://192.168.0.128:8443 in your browser and accept self-signed certificates provided by server.
Then connect wss://192.168.0.128:8443 should be established properly.

SSL cert import docs

There are two phases:
1. connection
2. stream

It is more convenient to troubleshoot using Two Way Streaming sample where these two phases are separated.
If you provide SSH access to server we will check configuration.

heini

Thanks for your hint! As you described it, I had to open the URL with the second port manually once to accept the certificate and then it worked.

Sadly only the stream from the instar camera is working – the stream from the Reolink camera doesn’t work. (works fine with VLC, Code is H264)

If I call the following URI the error is "Stream failed"
rtsp://user:mASs@192.168.1.130:554/h264Preview_01_sub

If I call the encoded version the error is "Rtsp stream not found"
rtsp://user:mASs@192.168.1.130:554/h264Preview%5F01%5Fsub

I assume the first URI would be better :) Do you have any idea why the stream from Reolink cameras doesn’t work?
The developer console doesn't say anything.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
If you share public RTSP URL to this cam, we will be able to check.
If you can't provide public RTSP URL, please capture pcap dump using Wireshark and VLC player.

VLC pcap dump
1. Do VLC play.
2. Start capture in Wireshark
3. Wait for picture displayed.
4. Stop capture in Wireshark.
5. Provide pcap dump

WCS logs
1. Launch tcpdump
tcpdump -i any -B 10000 -w log.pcap
2. Test playback in WCS.
3. Provide WCS_HOME/logs/server_logs/flashphoner.log

So we will be able to compare working and not working cases.
You can provide all required information using private form associated with current forum thread.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
It seems like codecs negotiation issue. We raised the ticket WCS-3119 to find a fix and let you know results here

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We fixed codec negotiation issue in build 5.2.924. Please update and check.
If the stream still fails to play, please collect a report as described here including traffic dump collected at WCS side as described in this post and cleint debug logs. You should wait at least a minute before stopping traffic dump collection.

heini

Works like a dream. Thanks for your fast help!

I would like to ask one finale question before buying a license. I would prefer the monthly subscription, but the system has to work even when internet isn’t working. How often does the license get checked? Every couple of minutes or once a day? If we have an internet problem, does the software stopes to work immediately or after a time?

If we start with a monthly subscription and decide to buy a Standalone License later, would it be possible to easy change the license?

Thanks

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello

>How often does the license get checked?
Every 15 minutes. The behavior is not declared and may be changed in future releases.

>If we start with a monthly subscription and decide to buy a Standalone License later, would it be possible to easy change the license?
Just deactivate first license (Subscription) and activate new license (Standalone). It is pretty simple.

Code:
service webcallserver stop
cd /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/bin
./deactivation.sh
./activation.sh
service webcallserver start