RtspAgent shutdown

giapdz

Hi Max, I am having trouble with the player.
Sometimes it works, but other times it doesn't. This issue is reoccurring issue causing the Flashphoner sometimes to allow connection while sometimes the connection doesn't work. Sometimes it's run about 2 minutes after it returns an error: "RtspAgent shutdown"

1677134419723.png

This is my flashphoner.properties file
1677135178431.png

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Seem like RTSP stream you capture stops occasionally. Please collect a report as described here and send the archive and RTSP stream URL using this form.
Also, please remove all the rtp_paced_sender settings from flashphoner.properties file. We do not recommend to use this function simultaneously with streaming_distributor_subgroup_enabled=true

giapdz

sorry, because the client_logs folder is very heavy, I can't send it. so, I remove it and sent it again success

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like your RTSP camera eventually stops sending a media packets in interleaved mode (RTSP over TCP). Moreover, VLC does not play the stream at all.
If non-interleaved mode (RTSP over UDP) is enabled, the stream is playing more stable
Code:
rtsp_interleaved_mode=false
According to your report, you've tried to enable this mode, but mistyped a bit
1677147193215.png

Set this option to false and restart WCS, it should help with the stream.

giapdz

Hi @Max, I have checked VLC works fine.
but when I run in player, it works for about 7-8 minutes then it show error: "Stopped by publisher stop" . Can you help me, pls!
1677469324652.png

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We still cannot play in VLC the RTSP URL provided earlier. Please provide an actual RTSP URL and SSH access to your server instance using this form.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
The stream is playing on our test server with latest WCS build 5.2.1561 with the option
Code:
rtsp_interleaved_mode=false
But the stream has unstable bitrate and occasional freezes because non-interleaved RTSP uses UDP at transport layer. That is the possible reason for the stream to stop. The message Stopped by publisher stop means the media traffic is stopped and connection is closed at RTSP source side.
So we recommend to switch RTSP camera to interleaved mode for a more stable playback.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
how to resolve it?
We checked the RTSP stream playback on your server. Seems the RTSP source occasionally stops to send a video traffic:
1677486820496.png

In this case, in server log RTP ACTIVITY EVENT DETECTED message is displayed, and then the RTSP stream is stopped with the message Stopped by publisher stop or RtpsAgent shutdown.
You should make the RTSP source to be more stable and send video packets more smoothly, without a long gaps.