Stream has short pauses at intervals

nathvela

Hi,

We have had this problem for quite a while now. The problem is for some streams, there are perceptible pauses at intervals.
I am tryng to attach the video recordings but says too large. Where do I send them?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Please clarify what kind of streams do you mean: from WebRTC or RTMP publishers, from RTSP sources?
The possible reasons for stream freezes are:
1. Uneven keyframe interval.
For WebRTC publishers, the following parameter should help
Code:
periodic_fir_request=true
For RTMP and RTSP sources, please check encoder or IP camera setup for keyframe (GOP) options, and set it to 2-5 seconds.
2. A channel problem between publisher/player and server.
For WebRTC publishing/playback, you can check channel quality as described here. If channel bandwidth is not enough, please use lower resolution/bitrate while publishing stream.
3. B-frames in published stream.
In this case, picture can freeze and twitch while playing a stream in browser via WebRTC, there will be messages in publishing client logs
Code:
It's B-frame!
For WebRTC publishers, hardware acceleration should be disabled in browser settings to prevent B-frames sending (yes, Chrome does not support B-frames decoding but can encode B-frame depending on GPU drivers and OS).
For RTMP and RTSP sources, please check encoder or IP camera setup for B-frame options or use baseline encoding profile with ultrafast preset.
I am tryng to attach the video recordings but says too large. Where do I send them?
The recordings can't help to diagnose the problem. Please collect a report as described here including client debug logs and traffic dump on server side. You can include recordigs to the report also. Then, place the report archive on some file hosting (Google Drive, OneDrive) with public access and send us using this link, we will check.