Stream lags for stream with iOS 15.4.1 (latest version)

Viktoriia

Hello.
If I play a stream (from any device) that is published from iPhone with IOS 15.4.1, I see video interrupting (lags). Before iPhone updating everything was fine.

It was with WCS-iOS-SDK-2.6.80
The problem was reproducing in both Two Way Streaming Swift application and Two Way Streaming Objective C application
I don't use any browser to see the stream but published and played it inside the app
I was using server from test app: wss://demo.flashphoner.com:8443/

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
A stream is publishing with a low average FPS (but extremely changing, peaks are from 2 to 30 FPS). We raised the ticket WCS-3485 about this.
This seems like H264 hardware acceleration issue in latest iOS. We will check if hardware acceleration can be disabled in WebRTC library. If not, the only workaround is to publish VP8 instead. Please look Media Devices Swift example description for stripping H264 codec.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
We fixed the issue in iOS SDK build 2.6.86. Please note that latest WebRTC library does not support arm32, so since this build iOS SDK will work only on arm64 hardware (iPhone 5s and newer). Also, examples preparation for building is slightly changed, please see here: Preparing examples for building (p. 4-5)