Text "Bleeding" on RTSP streams

dhogan723

Hello,

One of our customers using Honeywell MaxPro has text overlays on their video and it's causing an odd effect when playing video through Flashphoner where the video has a dripping/bleeding effect from the text location (see attached). Since the streams are running on a closed network is it possible to provide access via a monitored VPN connection over a web meeting or do you need direct VPN access (this might be tricky). In terms of logging please let me know which logs specifically I should pull that would be helpful.

Thanks,
Dan

Attachments

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
First, please check incoming RTSP stream bitrate metric VIDEO_RATE using /rest-api/stream/metrics REST query
Code:
POST /rest-api/stream/metrics HTTP/1.1
Host: WCS:8081
Content-Type: application/json

{
   "name" : "rtsp_stream_name"
}
If this is relatively low, check Honeywell MaxPro bitrate settings to raise it.
If this does not help, we need a direct access to RTSP stream to check it (as we checked problem streams for you earlier). If you can not provide direct access, please provide sudo SSH access to WCS server where this RTSP stream can be played, and RTSP stream internal URL.
If you can not provide any kind of access, you must collect debug logs and traffic dump for this RTSP stream as described here. Traffic dump collection should be started before playing the stream, this is necessary to capture RTSP connection establishing phase, in this case we can try to play the stream from traffic dump for testing.
Please send us credentials or report using this link.

Last edited:

dhogan723

Good afternoon. Checking a handfull of times on cameras it looks like the bitrate is between 3000000-3500000. Is that considered low to you and worth increasing on the MaxPro side?

Thanks,
Dan

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Checking a handfull of times on cameras it looks like the bitrate is between 3000000-3500000. Is that considered low to you and worth increasing on the MaxPro side?
No, this seems high enough.
Please, provide us either direct access to the camera, or SSH access to WCS server where this camera is available, or debug logs and traffic dump as we wrote above.

dhogan723

sent error report via email. Attachment was 52MB, so if it was not received let me know and I can post here.

Thanks,

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Is there an FTP site where I can send the logs, they are too big to email it seems
You can upload the report archive to some cloud storage: Google Drive, OneDrive and so on with public access by link, then send us the link using this form

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We received the report and raised the ticket WCS-2765 to investigate it. We'll let you know results in this topic.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
We parsed traffic dump and played the stream without any artifacts and bleeding
1592810886892.png

So we need a direct access to the camera to reproduce the issue.

dhogan723

Hello,

We can provide VPN Access to a Windows Server that will allow you to pull up the WebCall Server GUI. We can provide a few of the Camera guids to load in the player. Let me know if that works. If not we can look to provide SSH access to the Flashphoner server.

For VPN access we need a First and Last Name so our client can create the temporary account. Please let me know how many days are neccessary for troubleshooting.

Thanks
Dan

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello

We need ready to use access details.
If the first and last name is required, you can set a name of somebody in your team.

Please note. The forum support is depersonalized. So we require ready to use access details.
If you prefer personalized (priority support), please request a quote at sales@flashphoner.com

dhogan723

Is there a preferred email that I can share VPN credentials and login information to? Prefer not to share on this forum.